Strategic Projects DirectorBack to Vacancies List
Our client, one of the world’s leading organisations in their field are looking to recruit this role to be a key member of their senior team to ensure the highest levels of senior stakeholder engagement and robust programme project delivery.
The 2 significant projects that this role will “own” are two brand new buildings Circa 200,000 sq. ft of technical space.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who has significant hands-on experience of major project delivery across the full project life cycle.
The preferred candidate will be able to commit to seeing the projects though to successful handover – approximately 5 years.
Relevant project characteristics are:
- Complex internal and external stakeholder groups
- Challenging town planning conditions (heritage retention, conservation zones).
- Complex funding streams – major inward investment required for full fit out of the Life Sciences scheme.
- Internal Capital projects team lacking in capability/capacity
- Opportunity to identify and commission a development partner to pick up these two major projects plus other projects.
- Internal sponsors who need training to understand their role in delivering successful projects outcomes.
Key candidate attributes:
- Senior Operator – comfortable working at Executive level, excellent verbal, and written communications
- Credibility and gravitas born out of impressive career track record
- Exceptional stakeholder Management
- Evidence of effective Emotional Intelligence
- Intolerant of process waste
- Driving force for Quality, Value for Money and hitting project deadlines
- Experience of writing and presenting business cases
You will have responsibility for leading the strategic direction of the Capital Projects team, managing projects of both new build and remodelling projects from conception to occupation. This will require extensive applicable experience in leading similar complex and large-scale projects.
Additional responsibilities for the tole include overseeing the development of programme and project business cases, as well as having full P&L responsibility for the portfolio of all capital projects. You will also oversee standard setting for engineering design to provide high quality, sustainable, and inclusive workplaces. This will involve the efficient evaluation, selection, and management of developers, construction and fit out contractors in order to meet targets – as well as achieve excellent post-occupation evaluation feedback.
As a key member of the senior team, you will be expected to apply your comprehensive knowledge, experience and personal abilities to support the ongoing development of the organisation.
This is a rare, challenging opportunity that requires a highly agile professional, with the ability to work self-sufficiently, and deliver definitive, measurable outcomes. The ability and professional gravitas to establish and build relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders is a necessity for the role.
This role provides an excellent opportunity t make a positive impact and a real, demonstrable contribution to the ongoing success and growth pf the organisation.
Please speak to Peter Forshaw on 0203 903 4260 OR simply email firstname.lastname@example.org