Facilities AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our client, an independent global partnership focused solely on long-term investment in growth companies, has asked us to recruit a Facilities Assistant to provide high quality proactive and responsive service to the office and building needs of the users in the London Office.
The role of Facilities Assistant would suit an individual looking to begin a career in Facilities Management. The key personal attributes and experience required are as follows:
- Good social and interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with other employees at all levels.
- Some Facilities Management related experience, including experience of working in a post room, or office environment would be desirable.
- Basic handyman skills would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Flexibility to cover early/late shifts as per the shift pattern and a willingness to be called in to the office at weekends or evenings if required.
Roles and Responsibility:
The post-holder will report to the Facilities Manager and will work closely with other members of the FM, Catering and IT teams.
The post-holder will need to be flexible to cover the following shifts:
07:30 – 16:00
09:00 – 17:30
10:00 – 18:30 (or later depending on events schedule)
Office Services Duties include:
- Sorting, delivery and distribution of all incoming and outgoing mail and courier deliveries
- Placing orders for stationery, office consumables, light bulbs, etc.
- Equipment provision for meetings
- Arranging general service and repairs for office copiers, fax machines, shredders
- Making sure all copier areas are supplied with paper
- Changing toners for copiers, fax machines and printers
- Office Services administrative tasks as directed by the Facilities Manager
Building Services Duties include:
- Ensuring efficient running of all core facilities of the building, including lifts, plant, A/C etc
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning controls adjustment
- Overseeing the office cleaning, window cleaning and other contractors as necessary
- Maintaining tidy, efficient vaults, storage areas and stationery points
- Day-to-day operations of Health & Safety as directed by the Facilities Manager
- Building Services administrative tasks as directed by the Facilities Manager
It is envisaged the post holder will initially focus on the Mail Room/ Office Services and various administration including intranet updates, database management and administration as directed by the Head of Office Services and the Facilities Manager.