Team Administrator (Legal Team)Back to Vacancies List
- Administrative duties
- Administrative support to team of lawyers and paralegals
- Provision of administrative support services to the team, including secretarial support (printing, faxing, couriers, processing invoices and expenses and diary management/meeting organisation)
- Record management of original documents safe custody, both in house and custodian
- Point of contact for both team and staff often on where generally accessible legal information is kept
- Coordination and arrangement of signing of all relevant documents, including all signed originals on investment transactions and liaising with third parties
- Creation and maintenance of fund and deal bibles in electronic copy.
- Co-ordination and ensuring all relevant legal information and spreadsheets are kept up to date via periodic checks.
- General documentation support including word and excel skills.
- Assistance with maintaining electronic system of directorships and other information for investee companies as required
Investment and trading documentation
- Responsible for scanning, saving, updating spreadsheets, logging of originals in safe and couriering originals, working with the relevant team members as required
- Liaising with counterparties and custodians to arrange execution of document
- Arranging signing of documents by custodians and SPVs, and maintaining and adhering to document retention policy
Legal fees and cash movements re. special situations and loans transactions
- Payment of legal and company secretary fees and update of fee database including calculating required payments and preparing payment instructions with all appropriate fund and bank details, faxing/emailing instructions, and acting as a central point for all queries
- Maintaining record of legal and company secretary spend
- Instructing Finance to get fees paid for company and its subsidiaries
- Instructing the custodian regarding cash movements and reconciliation
- Maintenance of fund and Plc fee accruals
- General keeper of legal and administrative information & corporate secretarial duties
- Point of contact for staff on where legal / co sec information is kept (eg. Authorised signatory lists, Offering Documents, Constitutional documents)
- Corporate secretarial responsibilities for the subsidiaries/funds/vehicles including SPVs (i.e. keeping directorships up-to-date, fund registrations current, arranging notarization and apostilling of documents and any related duties).
Electronic database management
- Maintaining the legal intranet, an electronic library of advice and templates.
Key Competencies Required for Role:
- Strong administrative background
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft package skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer
- Organisation skills for multi-tasking and document management
- Helpful and ‘can do’ attitude
- Team player
- Records and information management skills
- Financial services/legal knowledge or experience an advantage, but secondary to administration experience