Multi – Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Biased)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading British manufacturing company in their field, has asked us to recruit a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to ensure that the Mechanical & Electrical Building Services infrastructure (heating, water, ventilation, compressed air, power & lighting etc.) is maintained efficiently to support business goals and operates safely to prevent harm or danger to employees and its visitors.
- To undertake the installation, servicing, troubleshooting and repair of all Electrical & Mechanical Building Services systems in use across the site.
- Undertake minor building fabric repairs where necessary.
- To monitor and maintain the fitness for purpose of tools & equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration so that tools and equipment are in good condition and suitable for purpose at all times and in order to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
- Apprise the Facilities Maintenance Manager of system failures / major breakdowns and recommendation for repair, with regular updates on progress with resolution.
- Apprise the Facilities Maintenance Manager of recommendations on new equipment, materials or specialist contractor support.
- Liaise with the Facilities Maintenance Manager / Facilities Maintenance Buyer to request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items to complete the necessary installation, maintenance & repair.
- Adherence to all Company and Statutory Health & Safety Requirements and Procedures
- To report any dangerous practices and other dangers such as faulty equipment to local supervision so that all operations are safe at all times.
- To undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping cleaning duties, such that the Department and associated areas are maintained in an efficient clean and safe condition, thus providing a safe and efficient working environment.
- Assist in the successful implementation of on-going Environmental/Energy Saving Initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance (RM), fault-finding and repair of electrical and mechanical building services systems across the Denham site in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines, industry best practice, health & safety compliance and building regulations.
Duties as required and/or assigned for the purpose of ensuring the on-going functionality of the following equipment and distribution infrastructure:-
- Mains, Hot & Cold Water Services
- HVAC systems
- Compressed Air Systems
- BMS Systems
- Electrical Power Distribution System
- Lighting Systems
- Minor Building Fabric Repairs.
- Management and preparation of documentation (e.g. Maintenance Logs / Service Sheets, Technical Specifications, Test Certification etc.) to comply with regulations and/or conveying information to the Facilities Maintenance Manager.
- Coordination with other members of the Facilities Management Team to complete projects / works in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assist with supervision and coordination of external contractors on sites.
- Flexibility to respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Work under own initiative to high quality standards
- Good interpersonal skills – Team Player
- Physically fit reliable and conscientious
- Full Clean Driving Licence
Experience, Knowledge & Skill:
- Time served apprenticeship in either City & Guilds in Building Services, NVQ Level 3 (in a relevant discipline electrical or mechanical) or equivalent qualification.
- Min 3 years’ experience in Building Services, commercial or manufacturing services sector.
- Industry recognised Trade Qualification (Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC etc)
- Able to carry out duties which are not Mechanically biased
- Able to work at height
- City and Guilds IEE 18th Edition
- Experience with Mechanical systems such as Air Handling Units, Fan Coils, Pumps. LTHW systems, BMS system, Hot water and waste systems
- IPAF 3a/3b
- Recognised Technical Qualifications – City & Guilds or equivalent
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and good Mathematics skills.
If you are interested in this role or wish to apply please send your CV to email@example.com. Or alternatively you can contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0201 1184848 for more details.
For more information on Maxwell Stephens and our services please visit www.maxwellstephens.com