Building & Facilities Operations AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been asked to recruit a Building & Facilities Operations Assistant to provide first class assistance to the Building & Facilities Manager in maintaining and developing the clients historic building and all other campus buildings and facilities.
Building maintenance, repairs, and services:
- Prioritise the daily reactive maintenance jobs, update electronic records and allocate to the Buildings & Facilities team members according to their skillset
- Provide advice and guidance to the Buildings & Facilities Team members on the most suitable work methodology for specific maintenance tasks
- Work with external contractors to undertake any repairs or necessary works (reactive and PPM works) and to produce a work schedule in line with timetabling (academic and commercial) and ensuring all contractors are compliant with site specific arrangements, and H&S regulations
- Carry out minor maintenance works to a high standard and in compliance with Health and Safety guidelines and legislation, carrying out dynamic risk assessments as required
- Report back to the Buildings & Facilities Manager on any maintenance tasks that require external support
- Planning of work and requesting of tools, materials and equipment required to complete tasks
- Regularly monitor the condition of classrooms, toilets and other areas across the site and advise the Buildings & Facilities Manager of any maintenance work required to keep rooms to a high standard
- To use and operate a range of work- related equipment including any hand- held devices to record jobs, lifting equipment, power tools and vehicles after training
- Carry out statutory checks including but not limited to fire alarm testing, flushing water systems and temperature checks for legionella prevention.
- Record and retain information making recommendations where instances of noncompliance are found.
- Ensure that all repairs and alterations on site comply with the Grade 1 listing of the historic building.
- Provide daily/weekly update on all works and issues as required by the Buildings & Facilities Manager
- Work with the Buildings & Facilities Manager on the selection of contractors for specific projects following procurement policies
- Evaluate quotes and tender submissions and make recommendations as and when required by the Buildings & Facilities Manager
Health & Safety:
Ensure all reactive and PPM works are undertaken in line with all relevant Health & Safety legislation working with the Buildings & Facilities Manager to ensure that:
- Routine inspections are carried out and recorded
- Records of accident reports are prepared, investigated and the Buildings & Facilities Manager is notified
- Ensure that all health and safety precautions are sensitive to the aesthetic nature of the estate and the historic building.
- Ensure the Buildings & Facilities Manager approves all spend incurred
- Ensure that all quotes and the procurement of new contracts/works follows BISC procedures
- Relevant trade/ construction qualification
- Relevant IOSH managing safely certificate
- GCSEs in English and Maths
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Project and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Strong planning and problem- solving skills
- Supervisory skills in respect of staff and contractor management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to carry out risk assessments and implement safe systems of work
- Excellent organisational skill: ability to prioritise and organise team workload / able to work to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both in collaboration with other professionals/teams as well as on own initiative
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- Experience of managing staff and contractors including procurement for works and scheduling trades
- Knowledge of building processes and construction trades
- Knowledge of current CDM Regulations.
- Positive, proactive approach to change and new working practices
- Professional and approachable attitude, always acting with integrity and honesty
- Self-motivated with a positive ‘can do’ approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a wide variety of people
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable for own and team’s actions
The client are wishing to have a quick turnaround with this position, so if you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com by no later than Wednesday 29th October
Or alternatively contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0201 1184848 for more details.
For more information on Maxwell Stephens and our services please visit www.maxwellstephens.com