Interim Head of Estates & FacilitiesBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been asked to recruit on behalf of the client for a Head of Estates & Facilities.
Our client is a huge nationwide charity, in this role for them you will be expected to lead in all aspects of estate and facilities management across the various sites.
- Lead the Estates & Facilities team, motivating and developing staff to achieve their full potential.
- Provide professional and strategic leadership of the facilities, estates and safety management
- Working with the Site Development Project Manager, support the development of projects in consultation with the CEO, Director of Finance & Corporate Services, other Directors and the Home’s Buildings Committee, ensuring all timescales are met.
- Manage the Estates and Facilities budgets in collaboration with the Finance Business Partner, applying ‘value’ spend decisions through robust budgetary and financial controls.
- Ensure that all current Health & Safety legislation, buildings regulations and fire safety are complied with, that staff are appropriately trained, that working practices are regularly reviewed/audited and recommendation for actions to address any shortcomings are implemented
- Develop and deliver the rolling maintenance programme for estates, facilities, vehicles and specialist equipment, to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, a high standard of work, and an efficient level of service.
- To manage and allocate financial resources within agreed budgets and to monitor their effectiveness in contributing to the overall delivery of objectives and targets
- Accountable for staff and resources allocated to the role.
Skills and Experience
- Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. Chartered Institute of Buildings or the British Institute of Facilities Management.
- Member of Institute of Safety and Health with a diploma or certificate from the National Examination Board in Occupational Health & Safety (NEBOSH).
- Significant experience of leading an Estates and Facilities function for a multi-site operation.
- Experience of developing and implementing property strategy and managing a large diverse property portfolio.
- Experience of project management, engaging with architects, consultants and other advisers.
- Experience of managing Hard Services contracts.
- Interpersonal and consultative skills, including the ability to communicate, present, negotiate, influence and build credibility with colleagues (at Director, CEO and Trustee level) and external parties.
- Excellent written and spoken English with the ability to adapt presentations and written reports for technical and non-technical audiences at varying levels of seniority.
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple complex issues and tasks in a changing environment with tight deadlines.
- Significant experience of successfully motivating, leading and developing high performance teams, including setting clearly defined objectives and managing performance.
- Experience of positively embracing and adapting to change by identifying, leading & managing change in line with organisational objectives.
- Proven experience of keeping up to date with and applying good practice and encouraging those in the team to do the same
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or demonstrable equivalent experience.