Interim Facilities Office ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been asked to recruit on behalf of a global finance firm for a Facilities Office Manager role.
This role will be an interim / temporary role initially.
Our client has over several hundred employees and owns tens of billions worth in assets.
As office manager you will be responsible for the smooth running of all aspects of the office, while ensuring that the business and its employees are always well-supported. You will create an environment that people look forward to working in.
- Create a great office experience, ensuring the environment is clean, tidy and well setup. Be the go-to person for day-to-day queries
- Manage and oversee projects such as floor expansions and/or office relocation
- Develop and manage in collaboration with other departments, the Company’s Disaster and Recovery and Crisis Management policies and process
- Frequently review service levels to ensure the best value from all suppliers relating to premises management, Health & Safety (H&S) and building operations. Update as required
- Ensure H&S obligations are met and the Company’s H&S policies are implemented, keeping on top of any regulatory changes. Lead both internal and external H&S audits
- Ensure the effective performance management of facilities including building maintenance, ad-hoc repairs, security, equipment, cleaning, waste management, stationery, environmental and building consultancy services
- Review office service contracts (cleaning, courier etc), tenancy and service agreements. Renew as required
- Continuously review and monitor how the office space is being used, including what systems are in place e.g., meeting room booking system, VC accessibility
- Manage intra-office moves, such as desk planning, ad-hoc and planned relocations and review space allocation, forecasting future needs. Keep all site maps up to date
- Respond to audit requests in a timely manner e.g., security reviews, access reviews, new joiner/leaver reviews
- Budget management and cost control, including renewals e.g. buildings insurance, tracking building and service costs, future charges and potential increases
- Manage front of house team (currently receptionists) to ensure the reception, meeting rooms and other communal areas run smoothly and effectively. Provide reception cover support as and when required
- Drive and champion environmental and sustainable initiatives where possible to positively improve the company and buildings impact
- Be the main point of contact for 3rd party office services and oversee all contracted works on site, ensuring all works have been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Attend relevant building tenancy meetings, site meetings, etc.
Skills and Experience
- Strong academics
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in office/facilities management
- Knowledge of buildings, facilities and Health and Safety. Ideally IOSH & NEBOSH certified
- Team management experience
- Experienced in contract negotiation, tender process, financial acumen and budget management
- Can develop strong relationships with service providers and seeks a concept of continuous improvement
- Knowledge of insurance claims processing and handling
- Can communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, including with third party suppliers and services
- Excellent written communication skills, with well-structured reports, presentations and general correspondence
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and utilise resources effectively
- Someone qualified to conduct DSE assessments or someone with knowledge of DSE
- Able to apply discretion and maintain confidentiality
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.