Facilities SupervisorBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been asked to recruit on behalf of the client for the role Facilities Supervisor in London.
About the role
- You will be responsible for a team of Facilities Assistants and Facilities Officers and have full line management of them, delegating authority to manage contractors and service providers in the absence of Head of Facilities.
- The role will require you to manage and plan the shift rotas, maintaining adequate cover and resources for the sites.
- For the team to be able to achieve high levels of productivity, you will provide them with effective day to day guidance and supervision.
- You will develop an effective and supportive approach to performance management in accordance with the policies and procedures, providing them with regular feedback on individuals and team performances.
- The role will require you to undertake daily and regular inspections of the building ensuring that all standards have been achieved and maintained.
- You will be required to assess the ongoing training and development needs of the team, organizing training when required and develop and deliver training sessions and talks on a cross section of facilities related topics.
- You will undertake full range of facilities maintenance tasks and duties when required, this may involve equipment set ups through to basic maintenance operations.
- Your role will hold full responsibility for the security of buildings and assets, you will manage the key holding, access permissions, intruder & CCTV systems, emergency & out of hour call out, responses and code allocations.
- As well as all the above, you will be required to manage the routine testing and inspections of the key life systems. You will need to develop a good understanding of how each system is controlled and operated.
- Supporting the Head of Facilities Management with general administrative duties including setting up and managing systems.
- You will be required to deliver site and project inductions towards contractors and maintenance operatives, covering all the essential information relating to health, safety and welfare.
- You will be required to undertake regular training sessions across a range of subjects as well as self-learning.
- Working towards IOSH/NEBOSH H&S Qualification.
- Basic education to level 3 or equivalent
- Working towards an IWFM level 3 diploma in Facilities Management
- Supervisory experience in a facilities role, managing a small in-house team
- An appropriate level of technical and practical knowledge of building and maintenance operations
- Experience of managing Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good customer service skills and experience
- Ability to priorities workloads in a reactive environment
- Excellent – IT skills, Microsoft word, excel and project
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high-volume response for this role, so please apply without delay to avoid disappointment.
If you’d like to find out more about this Facilities Supervisor role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.