Facilities Manager (Law Firm) – Ref 800Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a growing international law firm with a strong global presence with a superb reputation.
In this role you will have responsibility for the operational management of the FM department. Working closely with the clients/end users, colleagues and the staff to ensure that service standards and customer expectations are achieved through exceptional service delivery.
- Ensuring that the operational requirements of the FM department meet and exceed the client expectations, with overall departmental objectives achieved.
- Leading, coaching and managing the FM team through strong performance and people management.
- Attend industry conferences, learning forums and peer law firms to keep abreast of new legislation, innovation and best practice.
- Providing accurate metrics for weekly and monthly reporting on spend and performance.
- Provide regular updates with new initiatives, changes in legislation and innovation.
- Financial control of contractors, suppliers and staff costs ensuring value for money and actual spend does not exceed budgets.
- Provide regular review meetings with key personnel in the firm to understand the requirements of the firm. Report back to the head of FM on changes, innovations and financial impacts.
- Identify improvements and efficiencies in current work processes in line with industry best practice. Reporting on these to the head of FM
- Negotiations on contracts and developing relationships with suppliers and contractors.
- Ensure the “client experience/journey” is of a high standard. Actively seek feedback.
- Ensure that the H&S requirements of the Firm are met.
- Providing exceptional customer service and focus.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department on events and Brand focus.
- Deputising for the Head of FM in their absence.
- Create a succession plan to ensure no gaps in the service provided.
- Project Management when required.
- Assist the Head of FM in global Corporate Real Estate (CRE) matters (fit outs, planning, moves and new building/premises sourcing).
- Provide a “hands on” approach when required, especially during events and large meetings.
- Continually review the contracts and services provided to HFW and ensure a robust procurement system is in place. Provide tender documents and benchmarking when required.
- Manage the FM helpdesk, purchase order and room booking functions (all software based systems). Providing key metrics to ensure KPI/SLA’s are identified and met.
- Conducting ad hoc tasks as require.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Good business acumen with experience in a similar role within a prestigious environment (City Law Firm, high end hotel/hospitality etc.).
- Excellent people leadership and management skills.
- IT literate (Microsoft Office; knowledge of other FM related packages such as CAD, switchboard, and room booking software desirable).
- Professional manner and pro-active commercial outlook – “can do” attitude.
- Flexibility in approach to hours, by having an understanding of the role requirement.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to manage pressure, whilst maintaining a level headed approach.
- Experience in managing contract catering.
- IOSH qualified (essential), NEBOSH qualified (desirable)
- BIFM membership or similar