Service Delivery Director – Ref 832Back to Vacancies List
Trading successfully for over 20 years, our client, a market leading technology company are positioning themselves for a period of growth. The service function is a key support and revenue channel for the business and has been identified as a key opportunity area for both margin and revenue enhancement and as a driver to underpin other areas of growth.
Reporting to the Managing Director and as leader of the service team you will be responsible for first assessing, then implementing a change management process that drives the required performance from the service function. This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful technology business and to take an area of the business to new revenue and performance levels.
- P & L responsibility for the service delivery function
- Own the management of a field based management, service, engineer and central call centre team, circa 80 FTE.
- Organise the deployment and density of the service engineer team, via a centralised call centre.
- Assess existing KPI’s and performance metrics and reset as appropriate to drive service performance and service efficiency.
- Create strategies and implement plans to deliver revenue and margin growth in line with budgeted expectation.
- Monitor material spend for service and introduce initiatives to reduce costs
- Achieve service contract renewal targets through the delivery of a quality service
- Meet with all key customers to understand the current service levels
- Take ownership for any customer issues, giving commitment to resolve and following through to closure
- Represent the Service department internally with all employees to establish positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Lead on and/or participate in cross company project work effectively as may be determined appropriate.
- Provide timely and accurate management information as requested by the Managing Director and the board.
To be successful in this role you will be a credible communicator with the ability to engage others and drive significant change. You will be focussed and energetic in your approach, with an excellent track record achieved through discipline and focus. You will thrive on full ownership of an entire business function and be a natural self-starter with the ability to multi-task to meet the demands of a UK wide geographic environment.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to implement change management programs with a field based service function
- Strong customer focus, able to operate at prime customer contact level typically at Senior Manager/Director level.
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of service delivery and project expertise, preferably within a facilities management, or technology environment.
- Strong development and change management focus – advocate of developing employees, teams and the business opportunities.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team with a flexible approach to working
- Previous P&L responsibility with strong budgetary understanding and an ability to manage multiple channels, with a diverse set of variables to achieve quality service within budget.
- Demonstrable success in realising operational efficiencies from planning to execution in a service/operational function.
- A credible leader, adept in strategic planning with proven experience in people, risk and change management.
- Experience of leading a function of comparable size and scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong judgement and decision making ability
- Strong planning mind-set with excellent organisational skills
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification (preferable)
- Computer literate
If you have a full drivers licence, are willing to work away from home when required and can clearly demonstrate the requirements outlined above, please register your interest and apply now.