Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a UK-wide charity organisation who require an experienced Facilities Manager to provide high level facilities services across their multiple sites.
The role will manage the Facilities and Reception team in the effective, professional and high-quality delivery of building maintenance and facilities including postal services, meeting room support and reception provision. The post has responsibility for contract management of the organisation’s tenant relationships and implementation of effective and legally compliant health and safety procedures.
- Overall responsibility for the management and maintenance of the building to an excellent standard
- Overall responsibility for facilities and Reception provision, highlighting and escalating issues where necessary and propose recommendations for action.
- To lead the day to day management of the client’s property portfolio, building maintenance, lease and tenant management providing advice and guidance to departments as required.
- To effectively manage the Facilities budget.
- To be responsible for implementing internal and external service level agreements (SLAs) for Facilities.
- To take full ownership for managing the cleaning contract to ensure value for money.
- To oversee the maintenance of a tidy, clean and safe office and liaise with staff and managers to fulfil this responsibility.
- Attend the Health and Safety Committee as the lead and provide specialist expertise.
- Overall responsibility for the Reception function, ensuring it is managed effectively as the first point of contact for external users.
- To line manage, supervise and develop the Facilities Assistant and Reception / Administrative Assistants.
- To oversee and organise the opening, distribution and sorting of all post (including post for building tenants) of incoming and outgoing mail each working day, complying with Charity Commission guidance.
- To oversee the procurement and maintenance of all office equipment, stationery, household stock and furniture
- To manage and maintain office management filing and records systems.
- Professional qualification in Facilities Management or equivalent
- Project Management qualification in Prince2, Agile or equivalent
- Substantial experience of facilities management, building and property management and office administration in a multi-site organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of managing small projects involving multiple suppliers
- Experience of managing and supporting a direct team.
- A member of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BiFM)
- NEBOSH or IOSH certification
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector – in a paid or voluntary capacity.
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have excellent communication, numeracy and budget management skills. Due to the nature of the organisation, you will demonstrate a tactful and diplomatic manner as well as being able to establish solid working relationships with various stakeholders.
The post-holder must be prepared to travel throughout the UK and to work varying hours with occasional weekend work.
If you have the above skills and experience and would like to know more about the vacancy, please contact Ashley on 0207 118 4848 or send your CV to CV@maxwellstephens.com