Engineering Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a leading corporate company in their sector and they have an opening for an Engineering Services Manager to join their business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the estate’s engineering systems including life safety and business critical systems, tasked with liaising with other service providers such as IT, catering and cleaning contractors to ensure the efficient operation of core business requirements.
A key part of this role will be to ensure building systems, structure and fabric are effectively maintained to guarantee a high standard with a high level of systems availability while keeping a close control of costs and providing good value for money.
You will provide advice and guidance to the business, keeping abreast of technical developments and best practice in the field, developing and implementing strategies to reduce energy usage alongside financial and budget management.
The Engineering Services Manager will have major involvement in planning the building’s systems and services for their new premises in liaison with the project’s engineering consultants and contractors to ensure that the building fulfils the company’s requirements into the future.
- A background in engineering, possibly time-served with technical qualification to T. Eng. or I. Eng. Level in building services, electrical, mechanical, marine or similar engineering discipline.
- Professional membership MBIFM, MIET or ACIBSE may be beneficial
- Liaison with senior business staff will form part of remit and the ESM will be literate with good communication and interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD and some experience of internal office moves and building relocation would be useful.
- The post may suit a technical manager looking to move into Facilities Management and experience of the financial services industry would be advantageous.