Facilities Manager (Corporate Organisation)Back to Vacancies List
Reporting to senior management, the post-holder will take responsibility for ensuring that FM services to a large single site in the City are of the required quality, that operational performance targets are achieved, that services are delivered consistently and that the expectations of the internal customers (i.e. the occupiers within the designated sites) are met or exceeded.
With direct responsibility for the provision of professionally-delivered maintenance, cleaning, catering and security services, its role also covers front of house operations and a host of business support and back-room functions that help to keep our clients business moving forward. These include amongst others help desk, switchboard, room bookings, audio-visual, printing and couriers. In addition, the department is responsible for project delivery (both capital and revenue) and the management of moves and churn.
A major aspect of the role will be customer facing, i.e. there will be a substantial degree of exposure to end users and key stakeholders; there will also be a requirement to liaise formally with the occupiers’ nominated representatives (and, where appropriate, the Landlords’ representatives) on a regular basis, be that to attend regular/scheduled operational meetings or to support specific initiatives such as those pertaining to moves and changes and other projects. Accordingly, an appropriate air of authority, coupled with particularly strong interpersonal skills, will be required.
Whilst there will be no direct responsibility for formal contract management in respect of regional/national supplier relationships, the post-holder will be required to liaise with, and monitor, the performance of all third-party suppliers responsible for delivering services to the designated sites, for establishing and maintaining appropriate regimes for meetings and reporting in respect of those sites, and for informing (again, in respect of the designated sites) any supplier performance measurement protocols implemented by senior management.
It is also required that the post-holder liaises with the Landlords of each building to ensure that the contractual obligations of the parties are met, that services are delivered to our client in a timely and co-ordinated/controlled manner and to the expected cost/quality, and that Landlord & Tenant issues are either managed effectively or escalated as appropriate within the department.
- For success you will possess an extensive relevant facilities management experience, preferably encompassing both hard and soft services within a related sector/industry
- Experience of service charge budgeting/accounting within a property/facilities management environment
- Understanding of landlord & tenant relationships and commercial leases such as they impact the day to day occupation of multi-let buildings
- Management and/or supervision of staff and contractors/suppliers, ideally including front-of-house operations
- Management of H&S and other compliance-related activities Experience of project planning and delivery, ideally with a working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers and key/senior stakeholders
- Numerate with high level of attention to detail
The organisation is a hugely successful financial services brand whom have operations stretching across the globe.
Please speak to Peter Forshaw, Managing Director 0207 118 4848 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are working to extremely tight time frames so please do not delay and apply straight away