Facilities Buyer / Sourcing / Commercial ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Reporting to the Head of Facilities Management, in this new and exciting role you will be responsible for reviewing all current procurement processes & contracts whilst developing a sound commercial model for the procurement and operation of all supply and service contracts.
This new role has been created to provide a real focus on existing service agreements whilst developing new procedures to ensure our client maintain the highest standards within a framework of sound commercial processes whilst ensuring value for money.
- Carry out a review of all current contracts procured by the Facilities Management department, identifying risk and non compliance. Produce a programme for retendering contracts based upon renewal dates / risk / value / Brand image
- Creation and management of an approved suppliers list.
- Developing in conjunction with the FM team SLA’S / KPI’s
- Negotiating specialist suppliers packages
- Preparation of contract documentation
- Contract analysis and recommendations for the award of service contracts
- Reduction in the current number of wholesalers to an optimum level
- Supporting the FM management team in the preparation and management of budgets
The Commercial Manager must have experience in supporting a Facilities Management department or a major services company leading the procurement of service contracts, minor new works and wholesale suppliers. Understand the roles FM suppliers play and the interaction between the services they provide and the interaction with the in house team. The setting and monitoring of financial control standards and systems to meet performance and regulatory compliance is essential.
- Excellent planning, organisational, and delivery skills and to be comfortable with periods of pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work successfully across a broad spectrum of stakeholders including consultants, contractors, public and staff.
- Leadership skills to manage contractors, sub-contractors and consultants to meet clear deadlines.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- A professional qualification in a procurement environment or working towards a professional qualification is essential
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply is desirable
- Experience in major venue is desirable
- Experience of working within a client organisation would be desirable.
- Up to date IT skills – competent use of Microsoft Project or Asta Powerproject, Excel, Word, Outlook – are required.