Facilities AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading engineering and science company have a fantastic opportunity for a Facilities Assistant. You will be based at their office in the Slough area and you will take ownership of the facilities, assisting the Facilities Manager and liaising with the wider team.
The successful candidate will have a track record in Facilities and have excellent interpersonal skills alongside first class administrative and organisation skills. You will be required to deal with contractors and ensure SLA and KPI agreements are met.
Health and safety will be a key focus within this role ensuring compliance with HSE regulations, you will be required to carry out regular work inspections and provide health and safety inductions for new starters.
- Respond to all Facilities requests, either dealing with directly, delegating to a team member where applicable or escalating to the Central Facilities Team if unable to resolve issues.
- Building Services administrative tasks
- Check invoices to ensure goods and services have been received satisfactorily and charges and coding are correct before approving
- Carry out regular inspections of the office noting any defects, repairs required or other issues that need to be actioned
- Work with Central Facilities Team on projects including internal moves and refurbishments and any other Property or Facilities related projects.
- Assist and cover the Maintenance Assistant in their absence dealing with light maintenance duties involving lifting and minor repairs.
- Conduct regular checking, ordering and organisation of office supplies.
- Be involved in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Great communication – verbal and written
- Health and safety awareness
- Strong IT skills