Part Time Facilities Officer (Temp – Perm)Back to Vacancies List
Our client have a long term, Part time opportunity for a Facilities Officer to provide support across their busy office in Central London. The role is working within a fast paced environment and requires a candidate with exceptional attention to detail.
This vacancy is a great opportunity for a candidate who has experience within a customer facing facilities role and is genuinely seeking a position that will give them flexible working.
Initially the position will be temporary with the possibility to become permanent.
The role will be varied and will include:
- Responsibility for locking up the building each day at 8pm, unless there is an event.
- Follow security procedures for closing and making the building safe at night.
- Maintaining up to date key holder lists and efficient systems for issuing and returning keys.
- Provide evening cover for Reception including telephone switchboard duties – 17.00 – 18.00 (19.00 if there are evening events) Mon – Fri.
- Carry out stock checks for general office and building consumables, place orders, distribute and store items.
- Receive, check and sign for postal deliveries and distribute accordingly.
- Collect and frank outgoing post and ensure it is collected by Royal Mail daily.
- Make sure that all areas of the building are kept well organised, tidy and clean.
- Assist with light maintenance duties as directed by the Facilities Manager and document work undertaken on the maintenance record.
- Understand the basics of the BMS system / boiler room equipment and deal with issues in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- Follow the Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate action in the event of an emergency, e.g. fire, accident, bomb or other threat.
- After appropriate training, and in the absence of the Fire Safety Officer (FSO), carry out FSO responsibilities in the event of a fire evacuation.
- Act as a first aider for the office.
- Complete weekly fire alarm test and report any faults to the Facilities Manager.
- Follow up any urgent daily IT issues as directed by the Facilities Manager with the IT Service Provider.
Essential Experience, qualifications, knowledge;
- Experience in a similar customer facing role, good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant health and safety standards
- Strong attention to detail
- Can demonstrate good maintenance / handyman skills
- Good IT skills (including MS Office, internet and e-mail)
- Punctual and reliable
- Approachable, confident and friendly
- Enjoys using common sense to solve a problem
- Takes pride in a job done well
- Physically fit and able to carry out practical, manual tasks
- Has a ‘Hands on, can do’ attitude
Hours of work are Monday – Friday, 4pm – 8pm (20 hours per week)