Part Time Facilities Maintenance OfficerBack to Vacancies List
We are working with a successful, well established financial services company who are seeking to recruit a part-time Facilities Maintenance Officer with relevant experience to work within a fast moving environment in a busy and varied role. This is a long term opportunity, working as a member of the broader operations team, you will be tasked with ensuring a safe and efficient facilities operation service is provided across the business. The role will include significant project management of various suppliers and contractors to the business as well as aspects of hands-on handyman work as required.
You should be self-motivated with a proactive approach which consistently aims to make innovations and improvements to the business. This new role will suit a practical and flexible team player looking to take ownership and pride in the facilities function. Previous hands on maintenance experience is required for this role.
- Responsibility for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the London office on a day to day basis;
- Project management, supervising and coordinating work of contractors (occasionally out of hours and at weekends) while ensuring minimum disruption to the business;
- Ensuring all that agreed work is carried out satisfactorily and any errors are followed up on
- Acting as a first port of call for all staff facilities related enquiries relating to the various offices (including air conditioning, lighting etc);
- Carrying out basic handy-man duties as part of a daily site check. This may include changing light bulbs, fixing door knobs etc.;
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as security (including building alarm management)
- Maintenance of office premises (including redecoration as appropriate)
- Distribution of mail, archiving documents safely and securely and the coordination a number of cleaning companies;
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation (e.g. coordinating annual PAT testing across the UK locations);
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- Conducting and overseeing Risk Assessments;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise;
- Managing building maintenance checks and records;
- Other ad hoc duties as requested from time to time.
Knowledge, Experience and Key Skills Required
- At least 2 years of previous facilities experience
- Previous handyman / hands on maintenance experience
- Demonstrable evidence of implementing solutions that are pragmatic, practical and add value to the business
- Reliable and pragmatic in approach
- Hard working & organised
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Self-driven and motivated
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
The hours of the role will be 20 hours per week (Flexible Working). Candidates must be able to meet all of the above criteria and be willing to work long term, in a part time role.