Corporate Services and Technical AssistantBack to Vacancies List
The main purpose of the Corporate Services and Technical Assistant position is to provide a proactive customer focused approach to the upkeep, maintenance and repair of our clients office and its facilities, (and when necessary other premises); to transport staff and Company visitors as required; and to undertake checks and care of the fleet vehicles/pool cars, as required. The role also has responsibility for the management of the training process for Fire Wardens and First Aiders.
- Prioritise and carry out reactive maintenance and repair works to main site and its facilities within an agreed timescale and in an efficient and safe manner.
- Monitor the Work Tickets and undertake repair and redecoration of building fabric, furniture and facilities.
- Undertake electrical maintenance within the competency gained in the Basic Electrical Course.
- Ensure that H&S, COSHH and Fire Regulations are observed at all times.
- Transport staff and or visitors to and from main site and other destinations as and when required using an appropriate vehicle and monitor the mini bus booking text message system.
- Observe at all times the Highway Code and ensure the safety of passengers at all times in compliance with Health and Safety Legislation. Ensure seatbelts are used and control numbers of passengers in line with vehicle legislation/maximum occupancy numbers.
- Collect post from sorting office on the way to the 08:45 station pick up.
- Carry out monthly safety checks of Fleet or Pool vehicles and ensure they are cleaned and maintained regularly.
- Inform the Corporate Services and Facilities Manager immediately of any vehicle defects, accidents, hazardous situations, non-compliance of Health and Safety rules and threat to the well-being of passengers and staff.
- Assist the Corporate Services and Facilities Manager with the sourcing, purchasing and disposal of vehicles in line with Company policy.
Maintain regular contact with Fleet Management to ensure the vehicle repair costs are reasonable and justified.
Manage the training process for both first aiders and fire wardens, monitor leavers / department transfers and ensure adequate numbers of both on site as required by H&S and guidance from Herts Fire Service. Updating intranet data base, monitoring the contents of all site first aid boxes. Once training is complete follow the allowance procedure for Fire wardens and First Aiders.
Regular maintenance and general up keep of the grounds as a whole.
Daily check of the contents of the vending machines, refill at least twice weekly as necessary and update the stock sheets to maintain accurate records of the vending stock, washroom and cleaning consumables.
Take an active role as a team member and work as an integral member of the Corporate Service Department.
- Move the recycling to the compactor in the afternoon.
- Undertake work outside normal working hours as required and agreed in advance with line manager e.g. working overtime, evenings and weekends.
To be successful in this role you will have a full clean driving licence along with excellent organisational and time keeping skills. You will have good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Lotus Notes and will have the ability to carry out basic property maintenance. You will also have the ability to communicate effectively as well as the skill to work alone or as part of a team.
A Basic Electrical Training qualification is essential and a Health and Safety qualification (IOSH) would be advantageous.