Operations Manager (Security/FM Services) – Ref 670Back to Vacancies List
(This role can be based in the South East or South West)
Our client are a successful soft services provider whom provide a variety of clients FM and/or Security services via an approved outsourced supplier model. Operating from two sites in the South East and one in the South East. They are able to provide a full range of services that cover the maintenance and security of any multiple or large single complex sited organisation.
The group business has a combined value of over £1bn and are an operating must for most UK businesses. In order to strengthen the operational platform and assist in the realisation of our three year business plan an Operations Manager is required to oversee both strategic objectives and day to day operational management at both of our sites.
The role is primarily to manage day to day operations across both sites with an anticipated equal split of time in both locations. With approximately 5-6 direct reports and a team of circa 50, delivering against strategies, KPIs and communicating with and through multiple team’s forms a key part of the role.
The current day to day management processes are overseen by the Operations Director and there is a need to release workload in order to augment a greater focus on strategic thinking in our operations area. The recruitment of this role will ensure in time, that our operational resource is sufficiently strengthened in calibre to meet the needs of a growing business.
- Report to the Operations Director, owning, People, Process and Productivity across all locations, delegating in their absence
- Lead and motivate the operational teams to deliver high quality service in lines with legislative and contractual service agreements
- Assist the Operations Director in reviewing both new and existing Client accounts, seeking ways to improve service quality, reduce cost and maintain relationships
- Assist in the creation of operational ‘Road Maps’ for all Key Clients, focusing on deliverables
- Own the development plans for all direct reports, focusing on Account Management productivity and objectives
- Continually review operational processes with the Communications Centre, FM and Security Manager to maintain efficiencies and improve MI
- Report operational performance across the Supply Chain, leading on Supplier meetings
- Assist the Sales team in the collation of information to support new Business Opportunities
- Working with the Technical Manager, lead on Innovation, providing regular recommendations to the Management team and Clients regarding technological advances
- Maintain effective communication across all departments, working within the wider business to enhance relationships and promote a ‘working together’ can do ethos
- Influence and deliver to pre-determined operational strategies
- Streamline operational processes across all locations, providing FTE v work requirement tracker with clear objectives and deliverables
- Working with the Operations Director, reduce Supplier costs by 5% year on year through reviewing procurement processes and negotiating reductions
- Maintain a sound operational foundation, addressing issues promptly and swiftly
- Create client development profiles, outlining Account Management strategy, ownership, innovation and milestones
- Maintain effective escalation processes across all locations, ensuring continuous support to staff, suppliers and Clients
- Review and re-set KPIs, communication and operational process as required
- Demonstrate confidence to the senior team that the operational and IT functions are delivering to required standards
- After a short period of time (3-6 months), own the IT/ systems function joining together this area with the overall operational function.
- Educated to A Level standard
- Career minded with 10 years’ experience in an operational environment
- Flexible to travel in the UK with overnight stays 1- 2 nights per week
- Ambitious – see this role as a stepping stone to bigger things
- Strong analytical approach and a process focused mind
- Positive but robust leadership style
- Can do attitude / solution focused / recommendation upward reporting style
- Experience of managing teams preferably as a second line manager
- Experience of Security / FM organisations desirable, ideally small to mid-market (£5m – £50m turnover)
- IT literate, conversant with Operational process systems
- Up to £50k basic salary
- Company car based on grading
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life insurance