Facilities Contracts Procurement Manager – Ref 672Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a global leader in Real Estate and due to further success they are now looking to expand their central services team with the addition of this new and exciting role.
You will be able to base yourself from home with regular visits to the regional office.
You will ensure all FM maintenance and support services are thoroughly scoped and specified and that appropriate company contracts are in place and current
Ensure that effective value for money process has been undertaken and is demonstrable for all services delivered
Ensure all suppliers are effectively transitioned, performance managed and continuously reviewed
Ensure all variable services are procured and delivered in accordance with the companies best practice and best value approach
- Ensure that all services are thoroughly scoped and specified in accordance with company UK standards.
- Ensure that the appropriate standard contracts are in place and current, covering all properties and services under management.
- Ensure the Contracts Database is maintained up to date and in accordance with company standards
- Ensure that all services under management have been subject to appropriate best value process including the periodic bulk tendering of FM services by service line on a 3 to 5 year cycle.
- Where appropriate, identify and procure specialist / consultancy services to support the delivery of tendering programmes and contractor auditing and monitoring activities.
- Where necessary, normally by exception, undertake the re-tendering or benchmarking of individual services to specific properties.
- Upon completion of tendering programmes arrange for the placement and execution of property specific contracts for all suppliers appointed to your portfolio.
- Manage the on-boarding of suppliers inherited with new instructions, ensuring contracts are properly assigned, suppliers fully vetted and set up on business systems and contracts database updated.
- Where necessary arrange for the assignment of new properties / services across to the appointed preferred suppliers for that portfolio subject to the appropriate best value / benchmarking procedures.
- Ensure all suppliers operating across the portfolio are effectively performance managed using the supplier management platform and deal with any escalated performance issues as they arise.
- Conduct regular site inspections / supplier performance audits in liaison with the site management teams and oversee corrective actions as necessary
- Implement service improvement and corrective action procedures as necessary.
- Deal with all formal contract notices, communications and terminations as necessary.
- Administer any contract incentives or penalties as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure suppliers provide contract performance reports and conduct performance review meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Conduct annual supplier contract review meetings including the agreement and execution of any annual cost adjustments.
- Implement any formal contract changes or variations that arise during the period of existing contracts and ensure the contracts database is updated accordingly.
- Ensure all variable services are procured and delivered in accordance with the companies best practice and best value approach including periodic sample auditing and assisting directly with the procurement of higher value works.
- Ensure all ‘ready for sale’ contract documentation packs are passed across to surveying teams promptly and that all necessary communications with suppliers and site teams are initiated.
- Ensure procurement policy and governance procedures are complied with.
- Provide specialist advice and support to colleagues covering your specific discipline / area of expertise including assisting with the development and review of the appropriate service standards, SLA’s and KPI’s as well as assisting with the selection and evaluation of suppliers in that discipline
Key Skills / Knowledge
- Understand how the property / facilities management industry and how the company functions
- Understand procurement and contract management processes as they relate to an FM environment
- Have specific and demonstrable expertise in either hard services (M&E or building maintenance) or soft services (cleaning, security & support services)
- Strong customer service skills
- Be commercially astute with strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Understand business finance systems and processes
- Knowledge and experience of operating to ISO quality management systems and processes
- Able to plan and manage own workload effectively with minimal supervision
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases at intermediate / advanced level
- Understand and use industry/company specific IT applications
- Be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with business and operational managers as well as representing company in a client environment