Technical Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
This is a really exciting career opportunity for a technically focused senior manager to drive and support our client’s high profile PFI contract based in Essex
You will be accountable for leading a large and highly competent management team with the responsibility for up to £9million turnover and the management of all technical services including mechanical and electrical engineering,
We are looking for a leader who can build solid relationships with Service partners and attend regular planned meetings where appropriate and ensure full co-operation as and when required. Ideally you will have had a wealth of experience in delivering hard services and have managed large teams and high turnover.
• Responsible for the delivery of all on-site technical services, including engineering support, specified in contract requirements and obligations
• Accountable for 38 team members including 6 manager and £9million turnover
• Support the Contract Director in the development of technical services business strategy in line with current and emerging client needs
• Manage the delivery of all processes, systems and technical resources to deliver services in a safe and effective way, ensuring the timely execution and completion of all works and other tasks relating to the contract deliverables
• Deliver all service offers contained within the client contract and draw upon Centres of Excellence when appropriate
• Sell additional technical services and increase revenue growth of the contract through
• integration, innovation and efficiencies within the full client portfolio.
• Host existing and prospective client visits as well as senior internal stakeholders.
• Maximise the profitability of the operation by optimising best value and delivering agreed budget and business plan
The Ideal Candidate
• Strong technical ability and experience
• Senior general management and leadership skills.
• High standard of communication to enable liaison with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Membership of professional bodies such as CIBSE, BIFM, IET
• Detailed understanding of Mechanical building services, their design, operation and maintenance
• Experienced in using Microsoft Office and other It systems
• Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
• Ability to manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities in a demanding environment
• Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate