Contracts / Procurement Manager (Interim)Back to Vacancies List
A highly influential role reflecting the importance of providing effective management, coordination and oversight of contract support function across our client’s estate and to a wide range of contracts for goods and services, and – given multi- million pound contract values – ensuring value for money.
Working with Procurement and reporting to the Senior Manager, the post holder is responsible for driving strategic sourcing within our client’s property / estates department.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Define, establish, manage and continuously review processes and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant legislation (e.g. procurement, H & S etc.),
- Responsible for ensuring a robust governance framework exists
- Responsible for the creation of required frameworks.
- Initiate and plan new frameworks in line with legislation ensuring appropriate agreement
- Act as Framework Manager for new frameworks,
- To provide procurement advice and support to all business units.
- Define, establish, manage and continuously review internal documents, templates etc.
- Work with Procurement and Managers
- Monitor and report on contract values, expenditure, variances etc. and liaise with those responsible for overseeing contract delivery to develop benchmarking and other relevant data to ensure best value for money; Provide regular reports on contract spend etc;
- Design and regularly monitor the value of, key performance indicators
- Work with Procurement to develop and implement effective systems
- Oversee the efficient delivery of relevant procedures in compliance with established parameters/ agreed processes;
- Undertake periodic audits and support
- Liaise with Service/Operational/Managers
The post-holder requires comprehensive understanding and extensive, practical experience of:
- Contract procurement and management procedures and legislative framework;
- EU Procurement Regulations;
- Contract & contractor performance management;
- iProcurement and system based contract procurement;
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver service improvements through processes and procedure changes which are both fit for purpose but also minimise bureaucracy
- Strong organisational skills/experience; able to balance conflicting priorities and timescales.
- High level presentational and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to a wide range of people at all levels including complex and/or technical issues to non-specialists
- Sound IT skills including a sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrate strong collaborative working practices
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision-making and sound judgment
- A strong team approach, customer focus and a willingness to work flexibly to meet changing circumstances and demands
- Team player but able to work on own initiative
- Accurate and methodical with strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of accountability and prepared to take ownership of problems and issues to deliver a prompt, satisfactory outcome
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile.
Please speak to either Peter Forshaw OR Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 OR email email@example.com