Building Manager (Client Direct)Back to Vacancies List
Our client is moving to new offices and will be using the space in a variety of ways: as offices for themselves, as a flexible events space, as tenanted space to leaseholders, and a floor of flexible desk space that can be hired on a short term basis by small new businesses.
To meet these different demands our client requires a Building Manager to ensure that the building operates smoothly and the needs of the various users and occupiers is managed against the relevant service agreements and financial frameworks.
Managing both the building and the space our client occupies, working as a building manager looking after all practical aspects of the building and acting as facilities manager for our clients
The role will encompass; financial management; commercial management; liaison with tenants; recruiting and managing staff and contractors, as well as generally supporting the Director
in the running of the building as a business.
To manage a property of nearly 50,000 sq ft, overseeing all aspects of building management and common parts.
This will include, but not limited to:
• Day to day management of the property.
• Recruiting, negotiating with and setting SLAs for contractors.
• Management of staff and contractors.
• Managing budgets for the property, including forecasting, setting service charge etc.
• Liaising with and account managing tenants.
• Being responsible for building health and safety.
• Recording and reporting energy use and implementing energy and carbon reduction initiatives.
• There may be some involvement in third party tenant facilities.
Facilities managing the 15,000 sq ft of space occupied by our client, to include but not limited to:
• Develop and implement an internal Service Level Agreement with occupiers, including short term external users.
• Lead and manage the facilities service in ensuring that facilities are maintained to a very high standard with fast response times.
• To manage the contracts for office services and maintenance including monitoring the services and ensuring they are carried out in line with best practice, ensuring value for money is maintained at all times.
• To manage the procurement of all office related equipment and services.
• Responsible for the drafting, forecasting and monitoring of the Facilities Budget.
• To ensure that physical spaces and assets continue to send the right messages about company working with the senior management team as required.
• Being responsible for health and safety within offices.
• A Degree qualification in a relevant field would be preferable or equivalent experience that demonstrates ability to operate at the required standard.
• Membership of BIFM / RICS or other appropriate professional body;
• IOSH / NEBOSH qualified or equivalent vocational training in Health & Safety and other related subjects would also be highly desirable.
• Successful track record in Facilities/Building Management in busy professional environments.
• Strong customer service skills and understanding and managing customer demands and
• Sound knowledge of mechanical and engineering systems (for example: air conditioning systems).
• Demonstrable experience in successful procurement, tendering and contract management.
• Experience of managing a budget including forecasting and monitoring.
• Demonstrable people management skills with experience of line management.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Health and Safety risk assessments and UK regulations that have a
• direct impact on H&S within the office/building environment.
• Demonstrable experience in managing (often multiple) related projects to successful conclusion.
• Computer literacy including word processing and spreadsheets; Experience of CAD software and BMS systems would be advantageous
• Must be fit and able to lift and carry heavy or bulky items as and when required.
• A flexible approach to working both independently and part of a team.
This is an excellent opportunity to take full responsibility for a one-off and truly unique site.
If the challenge of this high profile role excites you, please call and ask for Peter Forshaw or alternatively, send your email and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org