Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a large property company who are currently recruiting a Building Manager for a large building in Abingdon in Oxfordshire.
Our client aims to deliver a first class customer service to all their customers and visitors and are looking to revitalise the buildings offering at the site over the next 12 months. The Building Manager will therefore play a central role in their plans.
- To deliver the agreed marketing and commerciality service strategy in accordance with the business plan in conjunction with their own clients and client teams.
- To provide a professional service to customers, visitors and contractors whilst providing a comprehensive range of site management services.
- Liaising and communicating with customers, letting agents and external stakeholders by all means including the use of social media.
- To deliver a first class customer service experience to all of the customers and visitors.
- Manage the onsite contracted service providers.
- Manage internal and external relationships including Client, customers, local authorities, service providers and statutory bodies.
- Liaise with and manage tenant’s occupation of the premises, in line with site, client and customer’s specific requirements.
- Respond to changes in client and occupier requirements as agreed via the appropriate authorisation process.
- Establish ‘value for money’ strategies for delivering the management service, with approved budgets.
- Be customer focused, with the ability to support all in improving the image of the site, furthermore improving links to the local community.
- To be responsible for the ‘day-to-day’ management of all health and safety matters in the building and persons using, or affected by the use of the building or site.
- To be responsible for the ‘on-site’ team and contractors/suppliers.
- Liaise closely with tenants and FM to establish a consistent and co-ordinated approach to Health and Safety matters throughout the site.
- Processing Invoices and general administration for budgets and deliver the agreed services on behalf our clients, to the defined service levels, on time
- To be responsible for computer based administration duties
- Liaise with local Letting agents.
- To report directly back to the Facilities Manager
- Manage vacant suites appropriately and ensure presentation for potential lettings
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Have a customer facing front of house skill to be able to meet and greet all visitors in an efficient and welcoming manner and present themselves in a professional manner.
- You should have 2 years’ previous experience or be able to demonstrate the equivalent.
- Must be IT and web literate and able to use and have knowledge of social media.
- Manage relationships internal/external
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years in Facilities Management at a management level.
- Trained to IOSH or NEBOSH equivalent
- Strong commercial awareness from experience and/or qualification
- Basic accountancy skills
- Cost control, variance and forecasting reporting
- Strong IT skills inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web use to a minimum of intermediate level
- Staff management
- Complete understanding of Facilities Management
- Overview of business and Group services offered.
- Good knowledge of Output Specifications and management of Performance Based Contracts