Senior Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Working for a global property giant, the purpose of this position is to manage the integrated facilities management covering multiple FM functions and building operations across a portfolio of buildings that form the EMEA Headquarters. Act as a key advisor for these functions including Engineering, Cleaning, MAC and Fabric together with services such as Mail, Reception, Food/Dining, Vending, Conference Services, Reprographics and Fitness Centres. As the account is ‘integrated’ the role will involve collaboration with Project Management group as well as Transactions and Property Management teams.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Full Accountability for IFM Service Delivery
- Financial accountability & Financial control – actively contribute to the budgetary preparation cycle, effective management, forecasting and reporting on a monthly basis
- Ensure a cost effective maintenance programme for all buildings, plant, systems and equipment is in place, identifying cost savings, efficiencies and operational improvements
- Manage FM standards and FM delivery through KPIs/SLAs measures
- Ensure a BCP is in place and is regularly updated
- Be the trusted advisor to the client on all IFM matters
- Ensure projects are managed and delivered on time and within budget
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in accordance with the Environmental Health & Safety policy
- Adopt a one-team approach through coaching, training and continuous professional development
- Serve as the key interface with senior clients for all customer-facing issues and where necessary
- Manage vendor relationships and train vendors on work order and billing procedures.
- Develop relationships with on-site vendor leaders to collaborate on inspections, site audits, key controls, performance indicators and customer satisfaction.
- Report incidents of risk or regulatory compliance concerns and escalate as needed.
- Respond to client inquires and complaints. Ensure timely and quality service delivery to clients. Follow up with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all contractual measures are met; manage the execution of the agreed scope of work and recommend process improvements. Measure for best practices and collaborate with colleagues and partners to provide best in class services.
- Partner with service vendors to be sure services are delivered consistently and that processes and procedures are communicated, managed and measured for compliance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong knowledge of IFM Contract and Service line performance measurement procedures
- Self motivation and working under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines is essential
- Project management experience within occupied environments
- Strategic insight and strong financial management skills
- Strong market knowledge and industry network
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and proven relationship management abilities
- Results oriented – ability to achieve business goals, with a concern for working well, surpassing standards of excellence and passion for challenges
- Customer focused – develop strong customer relationships by listening to and satisfying customer needs
- Drives accountability – ability to establish clear, measurable goals, taking ownership of responsibilities and commitments to those goals and moving others to responsibility for their goals
Qualifications / Experience / Professional Memberships:
- Degree or qualifications at further education level preferable
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in business and FM management with a proven track record in business growth and development for a large and complex client
- Extensive experience in customer relationship management and with dealing with suppliers/contractors
- Membership of an FM related professional body i.e. RICS/BIFM, CIBSE, and IEE.
- A Health & Safety qualification (IOSH minimum or preferably NEBOSH)