Deputy Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are seeking a Deputy Facilities Manager to join their college based Redhill, Surrey.
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Facilities with the planning, implementation and ongoing review of the Facilities and Estates operations. Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and College policies and procedures, a key part of the role is to deputise for the Head of Facilities as required.
- To supervise the team of Premises Officers and Reprographic Coordinator on a day to day basis, ensuring that a quality and professional service is delivered to customer requirements and adherence to Health and Safety standards is maintained.
- To plan and allocate shifts and duty officers rotas, providing the teams with advance notice and ensuring adequate provision to meet business needs
- To assist the Head of Facilities with the management of external contractors, including close monitoring and recording of maintenance works completion and the contractor’s adherence to College policies and procedures
- To assist the Head of Facilities in ensuring adequate and appropriate response to emergency out of hours calls and support for premises officers acting as lone workers.
- To assist the Head of Facilities with ensuring the provision of caretaking, cleaning, security and grounds service across all College sites
- To assist the Head of Facilities in ensuring effective functionality, maintenance and monitoring of the security systems including CCTV
- To actively support the Head of Facilities with the budget management, identifying areas of potential cost savings and negotiating with suppliers and contractors as required
- To assist the Head of Facilities with reviewing and developing policies and procedures for the delivery of Facilities services, including the Health and Safety policies and associated documentation
- To undertake risk assessments (including off-site locations) as directed by the Head of Facilities
- To undertake people management activities such as undertaking appraisals and managing staff performance as required
- To produce accurate and timely written reports on issues including those related to system failures and incidents involving students.
- Do you have recent and relevant experience working within a Facilities role?
- Do you have a NEBOSH and strong understanding of Health and Safety?
- Do you hold relevant First Aid Training?
- Do you possess strong people management and contractor management skills and experience?
- Do you currently use Microsoft packages?
If so, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.