Estates ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are seeking an experienced Estates Manager to join their leading property company to manage the day to day operational activities in line with all health and safety, environmental and company procedures, related general legislation and client/tenant requirements.
This includes ensuring the adherence to the budgetary costs and customer service standards and management of onsite personnel.
- To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets.
- To be responsible for the drafting, monitoring and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the site(s).
- To carry out regular inspection audits of the site(s) and take/organise remedial action if and where required
- To ensure the agreed planned maintenance programme carried out in accordance with the laid down timetables
- Conduct regular inspections of the building fabric and take appropriate action when required
- To work with key stakeholders and external consultants in ensuring a maintenance and repair programme is in place
- To compile and maintain records relating to the site(s); e.g. asset register, plans, plant testing, etc., taking any action which may be required
- To nurture and develop an effective working relationship with the tenants and ensure operational queries raised by them are dealt with efficiently
- To chair where relevant tenant meetings, and to participate accordingly, both individual and group
- To ensure all health and safety audits carried out in accordance with the planned programme and all follow up actions carried out within due timetable. This includes ensuring that Meridian is regularly monitored and updated in accordance with all the Health and Safety requirements
- To be responsible for Environmental management on site, in compliance with CBREMS/client policies
- To ensure fire and other evacuations are carried out on a regular basis in accordance with the health and safety requirements. This includes ensuring the emergency plan and related site maps are continually updated.
- To oversee and manage major work programmes on site, acting as the liaison point for all parties involved, including on site and external contractors
- To produce regular management reports in accordance with the needs of the business.
- To assist with the compilation of external contracts in conjunction with the Regional Facilities Manager and the Procurement Department. This includes ensuring all procurement needs are carried out in line with company policy
- To ensure all on site personnel are trained in accordance with the needs of their roles. This includes carrying out regular reviews and set timetable for appraisals
- To oversee and regularly review the work carried out by contractors to ensure the required standards achieved and maintained in accordance with the contractual agreement
- Any other duties as in accordance with the needs of the business.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience of facilities management of property or portfolio of properties. This includes Line Management responsibility for Company personnel and contractors and management of service agreements
- Knowledge of technical aspect of premises management
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of environmental protection requirements, ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- IT literate together with an understanding and experience industry specific IT applications
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a pressurised environment
If you think you have what it takes, please call Robyn Powner or Peter Forshaw on 0207 118 4848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org