Operations Manager – Retail – Ref 661Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a leading managing agent, whom operate successfully across the globe. They are now looking to recruit this role for a Shopping Centre in the Essex area.
Reporting to the centre manager your duties will be vast and will include:
- To maintain an awareness of and report to the Line Manager all operational issues that may impact on the value of the property.
- To be responsible for the drafting, and control of the service charge budget and expenditure relating to the operations of the centre.
- To verify and authorise invoices for goods and services relating to the site.
- To be responsible for the management of contractors on site and to ensure that all company contract procurement requirements are complied with.
- To monitor and report on the performance of contractors and take such action as appropriate.
- To ensure that a planned preventative maintenance programme is put in place for all landlords areas of responsibility, and to ensure that tenants meet their leasehold obligations in respect of repair and maintenance.
- To compile and maintain all plans and drawings for the centre.
- To ensure that all plant and equipment (including fire equipment) is tested and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications; to keep records of testing and all relevant certificates.
- To ensure that regular inspections of all parts of the building are undertaken including, both common and tenants demise.
- Responsibility for energy and water management, improving consumption efficiency, minimising waste and recycling.
- To create and maintain good relationships with tenants.
- To organise and co-ordinate site work with the minimum risk to health and safety and to comply with legislation, codes of practice and Procedures.
- To comply fully with the Environmental Management Policy of company.
- Be conversant with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated legislation.
- To manage all Health and Safety matters in the building as required
- To ensure that maintenance and building work on site is limited to trained, authorised employees and approved and competent contractors.
- To ensure that the necessary permissions, method statements and risk assessments are in place before actual work commences and that these are adhered to.
- To ensure that all registers and records are kept up to date.
- To ensure that tenants are issued with a Tenants Information Pack from provides rules, information and procedures for properties managed by company.
- To produce an Emergency Plan and review it regularly, ensuring its communication to the tenants.
- To liaise with the Health and Safety Executive, Health and Safety Enforcement Officers and the Fire Officer in order to develop good working relationships.
- To co-operate with the visits made by consultants and auditors appointed by company.
- To provide regular reports to the line manager on all aspects of centre performance.
- To act as duty manager as and when required.
Key Skills / Knowledge
- Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management
- Be able to build and maintain client/tenant relationships
- Understand the clients’ investment objective
- Able to build and maintain supplier relationships
- Understand the principles of contract law
- Understand legislation and policies relating to Health, Safety and Environment
- Understand and apply all procedures relating to work activities
- Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases
- Understand and use industry/company specific IT applications
- Understand and be able to apply contents of management contracts
The successful candidate will be an accomplished Operations Manager possessing a strong knowledge of Commercial Centre Management and current H&S legislation. You will be preferably qualified in a related discipline and will demonstrate exceptional customer and client facing skills, ideally possess an IOSH or NEBOSH certificate and hold current membership of a relevant trade body. Previous experience of successfully managing a similar prestigious retail site and used to working to a best in class standard, would be beneficial combined with extensive stakeholder management and budget management expertise. You will also need to be highly organised, flexible with sound IT skills.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org