Health & Safety CoordinatorBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client has tasked the UK’s leading Facilities Recruitment Company, Maxwell Stephens, to find a proactive & creative Health & Safety Coordinator. This will be working for a highly successful housing association.
To be responsible for the coordination of the health and safety of Our Client’s workforce in the workplace; supporting the Workplace Operations Manager and the Health & Safety and Well being Teams.
- Work closely with all members of the Workplace Management Team, providing a safe and professional working environment for colleagues in all workplace locations.
- Liaise with and support the Health & Safety Team and Well being Team and understands the wider impact of the work on other departments.
- Maintain databases and other records of key health and safety activities e.g. auditing, risk assessments, accident/incident reporting, access database on health and safety etc.
- Take a lead role in the incident and accident system, by reviewing incidents and escalating as appropriate. Ensuring that incidents logged are complete and followed up where necessary
- Liaise with Learning and Development colleagues, to deliver the health and safety training programme and training events, training materials etc.
- Organise expert DSE assessments and ‘workplace needs assessments’ in consultation with the individual, line manager and HR where necessary.
- Must have previous experience in a health and safety role.
- Demonstrate strong organisational and co-ordination skills, with a good eye for detail.
- Good IT skills – an ability to interrogate Access files, PowerPoint presentations etc, Excel sheets and Word documents.
- Full, current UK driving licence in order to travel to regional offices (transport will be provided)
- Knowledge of creating Intranet sites.
- The ability to take minutes of meetings and arrange training events is essential in this post.
- Good inter personal skills
- Ability to work without supervision
If this position is of interest, contact one of the friendly Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 48 48 or email your CV across to email@example.com.