Assistant Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Assist the Estate Manager in the execution and delivery of all services pertaining to the operational management of the Property. Act as deputy to the Estate Manager, as the person in charge during their absence from the campus, and provide full secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Estate Management Team. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, challenging and fast paced operation, and be part of a team who work together to achieve the same goal. The years ahead are set to be an exciting time for this site with some key re development works taking place on the campus. The role will provide invaluable experience for a candidate who is able to build credibility at all levels; through knowledge, strong inter-personal skills, positive attitude and high levels of energy.
- Under direction from the Estate Manager, advance good client relations with appropriate occupier representatives and propagate open communication and flow of information on campus issues.
- Act as the first point of contact for occupiers in relation to reporting faults, car parking issues, basic queries pertaining to the estate and basement allocate to the relevant service partners to remedy where appropriate.
- Assist the Estate Manager in procuring quoted costs and other appropriate information to facilitate the production and subsequent management of the campus service charge budget(s).
- Under direction from the Estate Manager, ensure that health & safety, emergency procedures and safe working practices are enforced and conform to current legislation. In the absence of the Estate Manager to assist in the control of any emergency situations and help execute evacuation plans.
- On a rota basis to work a regular weekend day (Saturday) to oversee, manage and report on the campus operation, monitor service providers, review security, the retail operation, specific project works and maintenance that may be taking place across the campus and in individual buildings – to be agreed in advance with the Estate Manager.
- Collate and forward campus waste and recycling figures and associated reports to onsite building management teams and input all data to online system.
- Support the Estate Manager with all aspects of routine correspondence and administrative duties and the efficient running of the management office.
- To complete for authorisation, various work permits pertaining to the estate and manage the filing off all expired permit records.
- Assist with the tracking and processing of service invoices and the production of management accounts.
- Raise purchase orders under guidance of the Estate Manager in accordance with the company procurement policy and issue e-copy orders to service partners.
- Support the Estate Management Team with ad hoc projects as required.
- Strong Administration/IT skills
- Health & Safety
- Budget Management
- Specification and Contract Management
- Risk Assessments /Method Statements
- IOSH Qualified (Desirable)