Estates Manager (Temporary)Back to Vacancies List
The UK’s leading Facilities Recruitment Company, Maxwell Stephens has been tasked by our client to find a dedicated, experienced and action-orientated professional to become its Estate Manager. This will be working for one of the UK’s leading property companies.
This role will require full time support from a creative, articulate, hands-on estate manager. The role will primarily be focused on delivering a world class estate for world class occupiers, but will also take the lead on occupier relations with the FRI and third party let premises, the estate’s retailers and a small multi-let building. Central to this, will be delivering customer service strategies.
The Estate Manager will be required to manage the execution of the client’s policy, providing an innovative, operationally efficient, economically competitive and safe commercial environment, for occupiers of the estate area whilst enhancing the value of the landlord’s asset. Ensure that at all times the estate areas are well presented and are clean, safe and secure, by coordinating the fabric, cleaning, security, maintenance and events team’s activities whilst ensuring that works are carried out with absolute minimum disruption or nuisance to the tenants.
- Develop and maintain a professional understanding and close working relationship with estate retail and appropriate tenant representatives and encourage frequent and open communication and flow of information on relevant Estate issues including the co-ordination of Landlord development works on the estate, including any associated tenant (both retail and office) and contractor liaison.
- Conduct regular audits of all estate areas to ensure that standards of cleanliness and presentation are upheld throughout, both in upfront public spaces and “back-of-house” service areas.
- Manage the production of the annual estate and retail area service charge budgets and management accounts coordinating the input of internal resources and ensuring strict adherence to the published programmes.
- To ensure a forum exists for regular dialogue between the various stakeholders to inform them of planned maintenance activities and to allow them to vent their views regarding the quality of performance where it impinges upon the operation of their businesses (and vice-versa with regard to tenant activities) as well as providing an update on budgets, control of expenditure and any potentially contentious issues arising.
- Liaise with outside parties such as Local Authorities (Westminster) & Emergency Services (Met and BT Police), ensuring that their activities are coordinated with those of the client. To forge new links between and the local community, neighbours, local community groups, London wide organisations and media organisations
- Ensure that Health & Safety, emergency procedures and safe working practices are established, maintained and conform with current legislation, ensuring estate users, contractors and members of the public are provided with a safe environment throughout all areas of the Estate.
- To act as responsible Person and Senior Fire Warden in the event of an emergency situation.
- To provide support to all retail occupiers to ensure that they comply with current legislation by undertaking regular physical audits of the safety provisions they have in place and providing recommendations/ advice as required.
- Act as custodian and ensure that all aspects of the relevant manuals including Operations Manual, Health & Safety and Accounts Manuals are complied with.
- To ensure that service specifications, contracts and associated documentation properly represent the service requirements of the Estate
- Pro-actively procure services for the estate, following the company tender guidelines where required. Proactively manage the estate areas, by programming and coordinating security, cleaning, landscaping, fabric maintenance and M&E maintenance, ensuring the requisite standards for the management and delivery of the estate services are upheld through regular structured monitoring and direct liaison with service providers.
- To manage the procurement maintenance and use of all Estate equipment producing and updating maintenance schedules and a capital replacement programme in accordance with long-term Costing initiatives. Ensure that all aspects of staff training and welfare requirements are identified and formally reviewed.
- Manage all aspects of event and commercialization set up and management, including permit compliance.
- To assist in the development and delivery a Customer Service Strategy to fit the client’s vision for the estate.
- To deliver and keep up to date the site-specific team member inductions at the site to ensure relevant and consistent messages are understood and acted upon by the management team and all service partners.
- To monitor performance of service partners and report on performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Other ad-hoc duties as directed by the Operations Director.
- Contractor Management
- Fabric Management
- Budget Management
- People Management
- Health & Safety
- Strong experience of building management and working with commercial occupiers
- Demonstrate an understanding of ‘placemaking’
- Team working ethos and the ability to work with and positively influence clients, colleagues and service partners
- Landscaping experience
- Some experience of working with retailers
- Some experience of managing events safely