Engineering DirectorBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a leading property consultancy and management company in the UK, with a reputation for service excellence, placemaking and delivering management services throughout the life-cycle of a development. They manage various types of real estate including some of London’s most prestigious commercial buildings, prime regional shopping centres, enlivened public realm, regenerated neighbourhoods and a sustainable business park.
Our client are seeking an experienced Engineering Director/ Senior Engineering Manager to join their team and co-ordinate the management of technical service delivery across their estate in the popular Kings Cross Area.
- Overall responsibility for the Engineering Managers and Building Management Surveyor.
- Management of in-house and service partner engineering managers setting strategic targets and ensuring their delivery.
- To ensure that the production of service specifications, contracts and associated documentation properly represent the service requirement of the Estate and its Buildings , reflect the standards expected of the client and are presented and executed in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Responsible for the setting and management of the Engineering Service Charge budgets
- Takes the lead on Technical operational requirements to include Utilities, Procurement, PPM/Long Term Asset Replacements, Sustainability, Standards, and Compliance.
- Supports the demands of customer expectations and customer experience, ensuring that Occupier and Client satisfaction is consistently high.
- Ensures the teams conduct regular stakeholders’ Feedback Surveys; assess results, set improvement targets and ensure they are seen through
- Supports the Strategic Reviews process to identify ways of ensuring technical offerings are refreshed with innovative ideas to take the services to continuously higher levels.
- Develop and implement energy reduction and sustainability proposals
- Promotes high level of satisfaction among client/ occupiers by ensuring prompt response to their service requirements.
- Ensures a safe, clean and secure physical environment, of the highest possible order.
- Promotes and ensures consistency across areas of responsibilities, in conjunction with other members of the operations team, including service provider personnel.
- Leads in developing and implementing Best Practice, policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility for the service helpdesk performance.
- Keeps abreast of new environmental, sustainable mechanical and electrical technological developments and prepare reports on possible improvements.
- Take lead on Sustainability and Management of the ISO 14001 Accreditation across the Estate and its Buildings
- Overall responsibility for energy management
- Drives departmental activities ensuring potential roadblocks are identified and removed.
- Develops a close working relationship with all suppliers and partners to ensure that they fully understand the Client culture.
- Ensures that the Company’s image is reflected through proper procedures, and quality service
- The successful candidate will possess extensive practical experience and relevant technical knowledge in mechanical and/or electrical engineering.
- Significant project management experience involving complex engineering challenges.
- Strong planning, problem solving and negotiating skills; Strong organisational, planning and team leadership; A detailed understanding of associated legislation and best industry practice; Draft specifications, drawings, plans, service standards etc.
- Significant service procurement and management experience.
- Relevant professional qualification and membership of relevant professional body is essential.
- Proven project management, contract procurement and management and change management experience is crucial.
- Proven track record in the technical management of FM contracts in a professional environment.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in a facilities-related background.
- Demonstrate successful contract management and office management.
- Ability to strategically plan future requirements of engineering team
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong vendor relationships.
- Excellent Project Management methodology skills
- Experience in financial management, service charges and budgeting while identifying cost savings/avoidance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Understand the legal framework of contracts.
- Demonstrate successful management of contracts and measurement of service excellence.
- Ability to network at all levels within the organisation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing business requirements in an absolute perquisite for this role.
- Ability to display initiative, confidence and professionalism in all dealings.
- Demonstrate drive to meet deadlines.
If you believe you fit the above description, please contact Robyn Powner on 0203 903 4265, or apply via email@example.com