Assistant Building Manager / Front of House (Development Opportunity) – Ref 680Back to Vacancies List
In this exciting role, you will assist your more senior colleagues in the execution and delivery of all services pertaining to the operational management of premises that the company manages. You will act as a deputy and as the person in charge during your manager’s absence from the building. Provide full secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the entire team. To oversee all daily activities of the reception areas providing a welcoming and efficient front of house service.
- To provide Front of House Services, as requested by management for the convenience and benefit of occupiers and staff, and as a further reinforcement of the individual ‘branding’ of our client as an employer of choice.
- To assume general control of the Front of House duties and activities
- To oversee and report deficiencies to the management in respect of Front of House.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls with the standard salutation, handle calls, transfer or convey messages accordingly.
- Under direction from the management advance good client relations with appropriate occupier representatives through both formal and informal communications and propagate flow of information on building issues, working with the team to provide resolution as quickly as possible.
- Assist the management in procuring quoted costs and other appropriate information to facilitate the production and subsequent management of the building service charge budget.
- Under direction from the management, ensure that Health & Safety, emergency procedures and safe working practices are enforced and conform to current legislation. In the absence of the manager to take control of any emergency situations and execute evacuation plans.
- Under the guidance of the manager, undertake regular physical inspections of completed works and service contracts and of all areas of the premises in their entirety.
- Under direction from senior management, advance good client relations with appropriate occupier representatives and propagate open communication and flow of information on building issues.
- Assist the management in procuring quoted costs and other appropriate information to facilitate the production and subsequent management of the building service charge budget
- Under direction from the management, ensure that health & safety, emergency procedures and safe working practices are enforced and conform to current legislation. In the absence of the Property
- Under the guidance of the management, undertake regular physical inspections of completed works and service contracts and of all areas of the premises in their entirety.
- Support the Manager with all aspects of routine correspondence and administrative duties and the efficient running of the management office.
- Assist the Manager and ensure that the production of service specifications, contracts and associated documentation properly represent the service requirement of the premises and are presented and executed in accordance with company guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain petty cash, permit to work/access systems, holiday/sickness records and manual updates and amendments.
- Assist with the tracking and processing of service invoices and the production of management accounts.
- Monitor and effect the replenishment of office equipment and supplies and assist in the general management of the office/premises element of the budget.
- Operate the computerised building Concept PPM/help desk facility
- Manage the office filing systems, archiving where necessary
- Make minor purchases on behalf of the Property Manager in accordance with the company procurement policy.
- Arrange with the appointed contractor the design and implementation of landscaping/decorative
- Support the Building Manager with ad-hoc projects as required.
This is an excellent position that requires an individual with exceptionally high standards and the ability to deliver at all times.
Previous experience of property and or facilities management is a definite advantage, however the service charge / budget management experience is one which the company are prepared to offer training and development within: therefore if you are a candidate with some good, all round FM skills whom fancies a career working for a global player in Building Property Management then do not hesitate to get in contact.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org