Facilities Officer (Immediate Start) – Ref 688Back to Vacancies List
Working for a charitable organisation, reporting to Head of Finance in this exciting role you will manage the provision of an efficient and effective Facilities service that supports our clients offices and ensures that it has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities.
In this role you will be required to:
- Act as budget manager for core property, Health & Safety (H&S) and be responsible for negotiation and purchase of all building/facilities related services and other capital items.
- Undertake the role of key user for CAFM / Health and Safety software systems
- Manage the procurement and selection, management, retention, letting, sub-letting and disposal of all company leased or rented properties as required.
- Negotiate commercial contracts for all FM soft services
- Check agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies.
- Ensure that all works performed are of a high standard and compliant with current legislation.
- Maintain and update the property portfolio database and supporting property records
- Liaise with managing agents and landlords in respect of property services
- Manage the delivery of the Business Continuity Plan in respect of the Facilities function
- Develop and manage the Facilities budget and ensure spend remains within agreed limits
- Manage the provision of roadside recovery for appropriate staff
- Manage insurance for the company ensuring cover at all times remain appropriate to risk
- Manage the processing of insurance claims made in relation to company insurance policies (excluding membership)
- Oversee the facilities processes carried out by the PA/Team secretary role
- Support the in-house solicitor in maintaining, improving and monitoring the effectiveness of the business quality and business continuity management system, delivering reports and other management information to the in-house solicitor as requested
- Manage the development of Health, Safety and Environmental documentation, training materials and information for staff in support of the Health and Safety management system
- Manage and develop the implementation of the Health, Safety and Environmental rolling work programme to deliver compliance with appropriate legislation
- Deliver training in line with the Health Safety and Environmental management system
- Prepare Health & Safety training reports and statistical data for management information as required
- Advise and support manager and staff on Health, Safety and Environmental related issues in line with company policies and procedures
- Carry out another duties required commensurate with the nature and level of the post
- Work within organisational policies, code of conduct and practices
- Maintain a customer focused approach when dealing with internal and external customers and work co-operatively across teams and departments.
The preferred candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate previous experience of working within a multi site facilities role and will have gained experience in contract negotiation, management and monitoring. You will have developed and implemented office administration, quality management and business continuity systems. You’ll be experienced in using Microsoft Office packages at an Intermediate level and have the ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience using a range of methods. Analytical in your thinking you’ll be able to collect, collate and interpret information to create reports. Time management and organisation skills are key to success in the role as is the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. In addition, due to the nature of the role you should be prepared to be flexible to attend potential emergency call outs.
Qualifications, Education & Training
- Relevant qualification in Health and Safety (IOSH or preferably NEBOSH – or equivalent)
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. health and safety, fire prevention and Equalities Act 2010 (Disability Access)
- Knowledge of the principles of PRINCE 2
- Business Continuity, Quality Management and CAFM systems preferred (however training can be provided)
- Evidence of continuing professional development/training in the relevant areas