Office Manager (5* Hospitality Environment) – Ref 801Back to Vacancies List
Our client is an investment management organisation with over two decades of experience, they are innovative and market leading with their techniques.
Our client is now looking for an office manager to manage several functions of their 5 Star Operations. These functions include designing and monitoring delivery of key services to the office Including: Front of House, Office Supplies, Post, Courier services, Maintenance Recycling, Catering services and equipment. Ensuring services are cost effective and aligned with commercial priorities.
Duties can be further split into
- Managing the Admin’ team, direct reports comprising Receptionists and hospitality coordinators
- Managerial duties include work rotas, work allocation, sickness and other absence
- Ensuring the firm’s confidentiality and security rules are being observed at all times
- Updating archive database, & organising the dispatch/retrieval of boxes to/from offsite facility
- Key Service contracts – negotiating and purchasing of office service contracts such as cleaning and M&E, couriers and florists. Day to day liaison with suppliers
- Managing relationships with building management, security, maintenance and fellow tenants
- Monitoring & Procurement of office equipment, furniture and services — including the management of suppliers and maintenance contracts
- Management of day to day issues related to the office
- Management of door security
- Space Management Planning reconfigurations of office spaces and usage
- Management of any premises projects
- Preparing, modelling and tracking of the Facilities department’s annual budget
- Escalation point and decision maker for negotiation and purchase of office equipment
- Maintenance contract, and suppliers of goods and services
- Purchasing, Stock control and monitoring
- Placing weekly stationery and catering orders
- Ad hoc purchasing as and when required
Health and Safety
- Ensuring compliance with H&S regulations
- Ensuring all routine H&S inspections and tests are carried out and actioned including weekly checks
- Ensuring and managing adequate numbers of Fire Wardens and First Aiders are trained
- Drafting and updating H&S policies and procedures, with HR
- Providing a satisfactory working environment
- Oversee post, faxing, stationary, franking and prepare outgoing courier packages for collection
- Point of contact for overseas office managers – assisting and consulting on overseas projects as and when needed
- Ad hoc projects as they arise at the direction of the Senior Management
For Success in this role, we are looking for the following competencies:
- Experience in a premises related role.
- Specific knowledge of H&S practices.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks during peaks and flows of work load.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of the organisation and with external parties e.g. clients, suppliers etc…
- Good writing skills and numerate, with attention to detail.
- High level usage of core software: MS Office.
- Well-developed organisational skills, with the ability to work on own initiative and to prioritise effectively between conflicting demands.
Please apply with a full CV to CV@maxwellstephens.com