Facilities AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our client are looking to appoint a Facilities Assistant to provide “hands on” facilities, IT and AV support to the business and to other users of the building as required; providing occasional cover on reception and switchboard; to be responsible for morning security and opening up of the building. Acting as a key holder to the building for out of hours emergencies, and the sole facilities representative when the Facilities Manager is out of the office.
- Complete full building security checks on a daily basis and resolve any issues.
- Assist with light cleaning and maintenance duties as directed by the Facilities Manager and document work undertaken on the maintenance record.
- Report faulty equipment and damage to the building by the agreed reporting procedures.
- Supervise maintenance contractors attending the premises as required by the Facilities Manager.
- Understand the BMS system / boiler room equipment and deal with issues / faults in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- Support conference and catering team as required, particularly by making sure that meeting rooms are clean and tidy and that any equipment faults are reported and dealt with quickly.
- Setup all AV for daily events and be on hand to help clients set up equipment. Have an excellent knowledge of AV systems and act as the first point of contact for AV trouble-shooting / problem solving.
- Act as the main contact for conference phone and video conference bookings, completing decom/recom of equipment and testing on a weekly basis.
- Provide IT support for staff, resolve PC, server, printer and photocopier issues quickly.
- Understand the IT patching / networking within the building and complete cable patch changes as and when required.
- Complete telephone name and extension number changes, programming these changes to the switchboard. Complete telephone patching as and when required.
- Support the Facilities Manager with staff desk moves, completing decom and recom of IT equipment.
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly backup tape changes.
- Follow the Academy’s Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Carry out regular checks as listed in the Health & Safety Inspection Checklist and record the outcomes and act as a first aider for the office.
- After appropriate training, act as the main contact for DSE enquiries and conduct DSE assessments for all staff.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar facilities role
- Working knowledge of relevant health and safety standards and legislation (IOSH qualified)
- Can demonstrate good maintenance / handyman skills
- Excellent IT skills (including MS office, servers, patching, telephone systems)
- Excellent AV / WIFI / Technical knowledge (video conference, projectors, microphone setup, WIFI trouble shooting, iPads, iPhones, Android devices, MacBooks)
- Effective time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise their own workload
- Able to be flexible about working hours on occasions Working hours will be 07.30am to 15.30pm, Monday to Friday.