Senior Sustainability Energy EngineerBack to Vacancies List
Our client is a leader in the facilities service sector and they have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Sustainability Energy Engineer to join their ever growing company.
This role requires you to provide technical engineering support and implementation of the Trust’s Sustainable Development Management Plan (SDMP) actions and associated targets in relation to energy and water. Whilst also to provide technical engineering support and implementation of the Clients contractual responsibilities in relation to energy and water.
- Provide detailed professional and technical advice regarding the operation and maintenance of the energy consuming infrastructure.
- To deliver optimal carbon and energy efficiency, including boilers, chillers, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) systems, lighting etc.
- Provide monthly and annual utility consumption and reconciliation reports in accordance with schedules 18 and 38 of the PFI contract, and analysis of degree day data to normalise monthly energy consumption.
- Using the existing remote energy monitoring system, monitor and target energy consumption by building and area and optimise the Building Management System.
- Develop and deliver a strategy for demand site response across the Trust’s campus. Reducing demand for energy during peak periods to avoid charges
- Provide detailed reports for proposed energy and water reduction initiatives.
- Support maintenance, technical and minor works staff in all aspects of installing and maintaining energy efficient technologies.
- Work closely with the Trust’s Sustainability and Energy Manager along with the Clients on-site engineering teams.
- Work closely with on-site engineering teams and central Sustainability and Energy Management team.
- Liaise with the Trust’s Property & Development team and the PFI Lifecycle team.
- Carry out periodic audits of installed energy-efficiency and carbon reduction schemes.
- Establish and maintain corporate standards and comply with legislation
- Contract manage externally-procured sustainable energy commissions.
- Support and lead on the implementation of appropriate management systems in relation to energy (e.g. ISO 50001).
- Proactively identify and apply for any grant funding or other finance schemes.
- Education at degree level or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Specialist knowledge – previous engineering experience in an operational maintenance role in a large estate setting with a proven track record of optimising energy and water efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- A specialist and/or practical working knowledge of :
- Balancing of energy generation plant (heating, cooling and ventilation) to deliver optimal outputs at minimum financial and carbon cost
- Energy distribution networks and district heating systems
- Energy conservation and efficiency assessment processes, measures and monitoring
- Carbon conversion and reduction methodologies
- Energy and carbon standards and management systems
- Renewable energy technologies and their deployment
- Effective and compliant metering and building energy management systems
- Relevant British and European legislation and ability to understand NHS guidance including Hospital Technical Memorandums (HTMs)
- BREEAM Assessor
- Low Carbon Energy Assessor
- Experience of renewable energy technologies and alternative generation
- Experience of working on PFI facilities management contracts
- Contract and sub-contract management with a number of external organisations
- Implementation of ISO 50001
- Knowledge of energy assessment methodologies for retrofit/refurbishment and new build purposes
Please send your cv to CV@maxwellstephens.com