Building TechnicianBack to Vacancies List
On behalf of our corporate client, we are recruiting for a Building Technician whom will be responsible for managing day to day helpdesk requests and reactive moves & churns. Within this role the Building Technician will support the reception team so it is essential to demonstrate a high level of security awareness at all times and have knowledge of emergency evacuation procedures and Health & Safety.
- Delivery of small project works within the building.
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written report
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs. (Word, excel and outlook)
- Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads
- Experience in dealing with helpdesk request & answering Trouble tickets
- Assist with Post room duties & receipt of parcels.
- Assist IT-support with loading and unloading of IT equipment and new hire set up IT equipment on desks.
- Small works, Painting, locks, handles, door closers, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, deliveries & collections.
- General Janitorial duties, unblocking toilets, rubbish removal etc.
- Replace defective light bulbs
- Internal Moves & Churns
- Understand and comply with site Health & safety requirements at all times & work in a safe manner
- Able to carry out Risk assessments relevant to the task
- Carry Building fabric audits
- Support the BOC and the facilities team where required
- BMS/Phillips Lighting system knowledge
- Minimum 3 years experience to include good DIY skills with some carpentry skills. Basic electrical knowledge
- Customer focused
- Assertive manner
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Spreadsheets and word processing