Post Room AssistantBack to Vacancies List
We have an opportunity for a Post Room Assistant, working directly for our corporate client within their busy head office. The role will be ideally suited to a candidate who has previous experience of working within a demanding post room environment who is keen to progress, as the role will allow for development in line with the companies continuous growth.
This role is to assist the Post room Administrator with the smooth running of a very busy post room. On a day to day basis, this will include general post room duties, goods collection and dispatch ensuring the smooth running of the general office. In addition, the Post room Assistant is required to understand and have a general knowledge of the company’s internal processes, as he/she will be expected to assist responding to a myriad of staff and external enquiries.
- Assist with general post room administration duties, including sorting incoming post and franking outgoing post on a daily basis.
- Distributing incoming faxes and internal mail in a timely manner and maintaining accurate records relating to all aspects of the Post Room.
- Assist with courier bookings and international dispatches.
- Assist receiving telephone calls to the Post room in a prompt and efficient manner in-line with company standards.
- Assist with the maintenance of copiers, printers and fax machines.
- Assist handling/coordinating incoming goods deliveries and collection and distribute these in a timely manner.
- Assist dealing with enquiries and request from staff, visitors and other tenant’s.
- Ad-hoc general office duties as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure a professional service is delivered at all times.
- Customer focused – capable to work in a busy and demanding environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- The candidate must have a pleasant, helpful outlook, be well spoken with a smart, presentable appearance.
- Good administration and PC skills are essential.
- Methodical approach to duties
- Time management skills
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Attention to detail