Health, Safety and Environmental ManagerBack to Vacancies List
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager with our client, an educational institution in the South East of London. The role will work closely with the senior management to provide expert Health, Safety and Environmental leadership, knowledge and skills and to generate and promote a positive culture across the organisation.
- To be the competent person for health, safety and environmental matters, providing expert advice, guidance and enforcement as appropriate.
- To ensure the health and safety policies and arrangements for the Institution are maintained as up to date and relevant.
- To be responsible for oversight of the Institution’s Fire Strategy, ensuring relevant details are incorporated into operational management of the building and its activities.
- To develop and maintain an annual action plan for health and safety with departmental responsibilities and actions communicated as appropriate.
- To ensure the Health and Safety Committee, Executive Team and Board are briefed as appropriate regarding Health and Safety management data, legislative changes and other relevant health and safety issues impacting the Institution.
- To provide regular reports to the Executive and Senior Management Teams and the Board regarding health and safety performance within the Institution as required.
- To drive continuous improvements in order to reduce waste and improve energy and water efficiency whilst improving quality, ensuring effective monitoring and reporting of fuel and water consumption and waste production within the Institution.
- To be responsible for the health and safety and carbon management budgets ensuring effective completion of the annual planning cycle and value for money.
- Carry out the policies, procedures and practices of Health & Safety in all aspects of the role.
- Make full use of all information and communication technologies to meet the requirements of the role and to promote organisational effectiveness.
- NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
- Demonstrable experience of report writing and the collation and production of primary data
- Demonstrable experience of budget management
- Leading and managing team(s) successfully towards specific agreed outcomes in ways that engage, motivate and develop team members