Senior Building SurveyorBack to Vacancies List
Our client requires a highly competent Chartered Building Surveyor to lead a multi-disciplined team to maintain their high profile, mixed use estate comprising in excess of 100 buildings situated in Central London. This is a senior and influential role within the organisation reporting directly to the ‘Head’ of department.
In this role you will;
- Manage, direct and advise a multi-disciplined team of Surveyors and Engineers
- Have direct responsibility for the operating budget and the management of Building Fabric maintenance.
- Lead responsibility for the preparation, prioritisation, co-ordination and delivery of assigned projects and programmes, including – Planned works, Strategic Maintenance, one-off projects and business improvement work-streams, in line with industry best practice.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with specialist internal project teams to provide technical advice/support and the development/application of design briefs, technical standards etc.
To be considered for this role you will be a Chartered Building Surveyor with a strong track record of success delivering services across multi-site/building portfolios. Your technical expertise coupled with your ability to communicate effectively and at all levels will give you the credibility required to lead and develop a team of experts in all matters relating to building fabric. You will be as comfortable amongst the senior management team as you are with those on the ground and have the ability to build and maintain relationships with both. You’ll enjoy the challenges of a busy environment and be positive by nature with a ‘can do’ approach to achieve personal and team results. Keen to keep abreast of changes within the industry you will be pro-active in maintaining your professional status through continuing self-development and be an active member of relevant professional bodies.
In addition to the above you must be able to clearly demonstrate the following skills and experience;
- Up-to-date technical knowledge and experience of managing multi-site maintenance
- Delivery of building fabric maintenance via direct staff and contractors
- Experience of working/awareness of hazardous situations such as asbestos and live electrical equipment is essential.
- Management and planning of resources to deliver operational and project requirements
- Strong people management and team leadership
- Expertise and understanding of building systems legislation and service requirements across a diverse portfolio
- Ability to draft specifications, drawings, plans and service standards
- Strong service/contract procurement and management
For further interest and confidential discussion on this exciting opportunity, please contact Kevina Turnbull at Maxwell Stephens.