Head of FacilitiesBack to Vacancies List
Our client are seeking an experienced Head of Facilities to join their college based in Surrey.
This role will be reporting to the Director of Communications and will be responsible for managing the professional services of Facilities and Estate Management. The post holder will maintain staffing and deployment of resources, along with robust maintenance of systems within the function.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of location and condition of College estate, new technologies, including BMS system, services and functions and ensure accurate record keeping including updated O&Ms and warranties.
- Implement, in association with the appointed Facilities Management Contractor, a planned preventative maintenance programme and monitor its’s effectiveness.
- Deliver full compliance with all relevant current statutory obligations regarding Health and Safety and building regulations to ensure safe environment for students, staff and visitors through cost effective reactive maintenance as appropriate.
- Ensure effective management and deployment of facilities team, including ongoing development and training to meet changing business needs and maximizing skill level and flexibility of resources.
- Organise and manage reactive repairs through the Facilities Service Desk (Richmond System) and BMS
- Coordinate the production of tender specifications and manage tender process to comply with OJEU and arising legal requirements for service contracts and minor works. Monitor expenditure on projects against allocated budget.
- Lead on continuous improvement of environmental performance of the College Estate and developing strategies that target reduction in energy consumption and best practice in sustainability
- Identify and promote opportunities that maximise income generation opportunities from the estate.
- Develop and regularly report on appropriate service level agreements and seek opportunities for continuous improvement of service delivery where cost effective.
- Ensure that Health and Safety (generic) risk assessments, method statements and procedures are produced, reviewed termly and updated to reflect changes to procedures, accident/incident/near misses and any actions arising.
- Ensure appropriate and robust measures for the management of contractors are in place, and all necessary Health and Safety documentation is in place before works commence.
- Manage / co-ordinate capital works projects and associated/dependent activities as required.
- Line manage staff and ensure the employee development and appraisal scheme is followed with all team members to support the delivery of a high quality service in support of College objectives.
- Be the key point of contact and key holder for emergency and security call out. Maintain confidentiality.
- Ensure that staff and contractors in the post holder’s area of responsibility are informed of the College Safeguarding Policy & Procedures
- Agree Educational visits through a robust quality review of risks assessments carried out by the Departments
- Monitor expenditure on in-house and contracted out estate services (caretaking, cleaning, security, maintenance and grounds)
- Do you have demonstrable experience of successfully performing a 1st line management role within Facilities?
- Do you hold supervisory experience including conducting staff appraisals and other performance management activities?
- Do you possess knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding considerations and the impact of these on facilities, security and site management?
- Do you have in depth knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and effective compliance
- Do you have demonstrable experience of effective management of budgets?
- Do you have demonstrable experience of production and on-going management of tender processes for service contracts and minor works?
- Do you possess demonstrable experience of building and managing relationships with contractors?
- Do you have good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience of using online systems and databases?
- Do you possess knowledge of BMS and advanced building technologies?
- Do you hold knowledge and appreciation of standards and legislation related to FM
If so, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to email@example.com to apply for this exciting role.