Corporate Real Estate & Workspace ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are working on behalf of a leading financial services firm, based in prestigious offices in the City of London.
The Facilities Department is wholly based in London and provides Facilities Management (FM) and Corporate Real Estate (CRE) in the UK. The department also provides consultancy and related project management services to local management for all locations within the global office network.
The purpose of this newly established role is to develop a more coordinated approach across the globe.
The objective is to have dedicated focus on CRE to ensure that it is aligned to our clients goals of growth and globalisation and to ensure that consistent standards are applied taking into account cultural and Real Estate conversions in individual regions.
The successful candidate will become our clients lead and key point of contact for all matters related to Corporate Real Estate and workspace.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage leased office portfolio for all operational locations including acquisition, disposal and all lease events.
- Manage and further develop the portfolio database to ensure lease event opportunities are considered in a timely manner and focused on the optimum outcome relative to business requirements.
- Manage portfolio of unoccupied/void/legacy properties to ensure liabilities are minimized and de risked where possible
- Act as our clients lead representative with landlords and subtenants.
- To own the relationship with external professional advisors for all CRE matters.
- Act as internal advisor to business head.
- Manage serviced office provider relationships
- Develop, align and execute real estate stratefies to support business requirements, plans and objectives.
- Oversee annual operating budgets, Opex and Capex, for all office locations.
- Work closely with Business Units to deliver detailed Feasibility Studies and Business Cases where CRE inputs are required.
- Work closely with other members of the management team, to ensure standards for the built office environment are developed in a consistent manner and align to our clients culture and operating style.
- Together with other members of the team to manage projects relating to the built office environment including fit-outs and works on office and building infrastructure.
- Own the CRE and workspace element of our clients plans
Technical Skills and Qualifications Required
- A relevant third level qualification.
- A CRE practitioner with at least 5 years experience in a similar environment.
- Preferably the role holder will have international experience in Facilities Management and CRE.
- Degree level in business or Corporate Real Estate management related field or equivalent.
- Proven track record in Management of Leasehold Corporate Real Estate, preferably on an International basis.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex real estate, environmental and legal matters to senior management.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret complex real estate documents.
- Demonstrate experience in strategic planning, market reviews, site acquisition and disposition
- Solid understanding of legal and environmental issues affecting real estate transactions.
- Relevant management consulting or property advisory experience.
- Analytical and financial skills necessary to develop and comprehend strategic plans and budgets
- Ability to communicate, build effective relationships and influence at all levels within the organisation.
- Excellent Commercial awareness; able to identify client requirements, business issues to improve client service and risk issues
- Detailed knowledge of Corporate Real Estate Management best practices.
- Hands on negotiation skills for all CRE matters.
Please apply in writing in the first instance to Peter Forshaw Managing Director from Maxwell Stephens quoting reference pf/CRE1 to email address firstname.lastname@example.org