Temporary Facilities Manager (Corporate Company)Back to Vacancies List
To support and manage the delivery of the facilities management services at the site to liaise directly with both stakeholders and senior management. Liaise with the various committees and groups to ensure the effective delivery of facilities & health and safety services across the site. The facilities manager will be responsible for the effective delivery of the planned preventative maintenance, and statutory compliance across the building, and work closely with in-house outsourced contractors.
*It is expected that this role will last for at least six months and could even be a year. It does however require an immediate start.*
The role of the Facilities Manager is:
- To provide effective facilities management for our clients site near Heathrow.
- Work closely with the management team, CFO, and other stakeholders in supporting their facilities related requirements, and propose cost-effective solutions
- Provide effective contract management on behalf of external contractors and suppliers, provide contract monitoring and supplier management, ensuring that the required standards and contract KPI’s are delivered
- Ensure Health and safety regulations onsite are followed at all times and to act as the main point of contact for all EHS issues for the site.
- Provide effective monitoring and cost control for the budgets allocated to the facilities manager
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of providing facilities services in a busy corporate organisation
- Experience of working with contractors and suppliers and monitoring of service standards
- Understanding of compliance requirements and working with service level agreements. Proven experience of delivering excellent customer care and service in a large organisation
- Qualification in EHS i.e. IOSH Managing safely
- Good attention to detail and ability to follow and resolve issues to the satisfaction of the senior management
- Ability to prioritise workload and to work under pressure with a high level of organisational proficiency and initiative
- Strong computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office and database packages; experience of accurate data entry
- Excellent client interface and management skills
- Project management skills and experience
- Experience in a technical discipline preferable i.e. mechanical and electrical engineering
- Preferable to be a member of BIFM
- Able to communicate across a wide range of people within and outside the organisation
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Excellent telephone manner, common sense and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, and on own initiative.