Retail Market Manager (Facilities Management)Back to Vacancies List
Full Time and will include weekend, occasional Bank Holiday working and occasional working on other sites within the company portfolio.
The company is one of the most recognised and respected retail operators in the UK.
Through many years of running high quality retail sites both indoor and outdoor with clearly defined operational policies the company have grown to become one of the biggest in their industry.
The post requires a candidate who is able to plan, prepare and execute the daily operation of the retail site in the most effective manner and to the highest possible company standards. The candidate must combine an accurate and methodical approach to administration and office based tasks with the character and flexibility to manage the operation of the daily market and related events. The post holder will be required to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with stallholders, tenants and the general public, have budget and staff management experience and be able to work in a busy and dynamic environment.
Most importantly the manager will be commercially aware and be driven to identify opportunities to maximise profitability.
The ideal candidate will be / have:
- Entrepreneurial, with plenty of enthusiasm and energy
- Previous experience in retail or property management
- Experience of managing and reporting against budgets
- Proven interpersonal, networking and partnership working skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient IT skills and ability to competently use Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel
- A good understanding of H & S legislation
- Understanding of Trading Standards guidelines
- Proven staff management experience
- As this position will include weekend and Bank Holiday working and working on other sites within the company portfolio the successful candidate will need to be flexible
- Prior experience in operating a market/retail site
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in the letting of retail space
- Innovative problem solver
- Report writing skills