Development Project Manager – Construction & DevelopmentBack to Vacancies List
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a charity with an ambitious and exciting vision based in West London.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Development Manager with an interest in delivering all aspects of the development lifecycle to take forward a £10m mixed use, construction scheme within a challenging urban environment. This new role will manage and drive the project through on a day-to-day basis to achieve its key milestones.
- Managing the construction process, including budgetary control as the scheme advances post planning into more detailed design
- Assisting with the procurement of the building contractor and management of the contractor
- Being responsible for the co-ordination of contractors and sites, overseeing the construction plan
- Maintaining a safe environment for all, applying Health & Safety (CDM) regulations
- Producing progress reports and drafting communications
- Ensuring contractors and consultants undertake their work with the correct levels of diligence and quality
- Testing proposals, plans and method statements put forward by consultants and contractors
- Assisting with wider development projects across the estate, managing individual work streams and reporting on progress
- Providing preliminary project planning and cost estimates
- Effectively linking tactical projects to the larger development strategy of the client
- Arranging meetings and chairing productive project meetings to ensure good communication, progress and problem resolution
- Application of sustainability principles within development planning
- Providing updates to the Director of Property & Development, working in a collaborative style
- Providing multi-stakeholder communication, including statutory authorities, managing conflicting interest to resolution
You will need to have the right blend and balance of commercial awareness, and business strategy. You will be working for a charity supporting and enhancing the lives of people in the local community
- Previous project management experience, gained within the building or construction industry
- Knowledge of construction contracts
- Knowledge of construction technology and construction procurement process
- Ability to lead construction procurement (main contractor, sub-contractor, and professional consultants), construction programming and co-ordination with knowledge of M&E experience, as well as Health and Safety regulations (CDM).
- Adaptable and flexible approach, tenacity, an adaptable mind-set and a willingness to step outside of your comfort zone to problem solve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in close partnership with colleagues, industry professionals and community stakeholders
- A minimum HND/degree in a building related discipline, either holding or working towards a professional qualification
- The trust has a commitment to considering the sustainability agenda within its development planning, the applicant should be able to demonstrate experience of where environmental/sustainable criteria has been positively incorporated into previous projects for which they have been responsible
- Knowledge of the wider development process and planning regulations and the planning process
- Demonstrable understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.