Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are an innovative, registered charity, who are seeking an experienced Facilities Manager, that will be responsible for the effective delivery of facilities services for all building users including staff, visitors, clients, audience and tenants. You will take the lead in proactively providing and delivering a welcoming, secure, clean, safe and comfortable environment for all users of the premises. You will act as a “sounding board” to the Director of Operations, and may provide input into the strategic decision making process.
The post-holder will work closely with peers from Management Group and Directors to ensure a full range of operational services are provided for staff and tenants, so they are not inhibited in fulfilling their own roles.
This role also encompasses management of a variety of out-sourced and contracted services to ensure the client receives the best value for money, and maintains beneficial partnership arrangements, to ensure all building users experience a seamless service. This means that you will be responsible for supervising the Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM), cleaning and security contracts, and utilities within an allocated budget. You must apply best practice to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
The post-holder needs to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, tenants and staff.
- To strategically plan the maintenance and development of the building and provide clear and concise project plans
- To provide key support for all building projects
- To complete a monthly building audit and produce a list of fabric and M&E faults with agreed actions/cost plan
- To complete a monthly cleaning audit with the cleaning contractors and to produce a plan of agreed actions
- To carry out periodic audits to ensure compliance across the business
- To manage and deliver a budget, including forecasting financial performance.
- To work across the business to support all aspects of operational service delivery
- To oversee weekly venue operations meetings and ensure all requirements are clearly communicated across the team
- To work in conjunction with all departments in coordinating event set-ups and scheduling of support teams and services required for event delivery
- To work with the Director of Operations in the allocation of space and office accommodation within the building
- To review and keep the Business Continuity Plan and arrangements up to date, fit for purpose and regularly tested
- To deputise for the Director of Operations when appropriate
Health & Safety
- To be an active member of the Health & Safety Committee, prepare reports/briefs/minutes for the quarterly meetings
- To be the main point of contact for all Health & Safety matters and communicate and consult with all staff
- To advise the Director of Operations on compliance and legislation with regards to Health & Safety
- To monitor and update the Health & Safety policy annually or as necessary
- To monitor and update the Fire Safety policy annually or as necessary
- To prevent any unsafe/hazardous event/activity or where no adequate Risk Assessment has been provided
- To collate all Accident and Near Miss reports, ensure they are correctly investigated, escalated and suitably reported
- To ensure all relevant Health & Safety staff training is completed
- To manage all suppliers against contractual KPIs and SLAs relating to premises management, Health & Safety and building operations
- To ensure best value from all suppliers relating to premises management, Health & Safety and building operations
- Management responsibilities for those reporting to you
- Manage and supervise your staff, in line with relevant employment law and the clients’ policies, to enable them to perform their duties effectively.
- Set objectives and manage performance, including appraisals.
- Delegate responsibility for tasks, where appropriate, and oversee progress.
- Identify and support development needs to enable them to fulfil their potential
- Recruit and select team members to meet organisational needs consistent and in line with legislation, policies and procedures
- Demonstrable experience in facilities management, including contract management, tendering, business development, continuity planning, and hospitality services
- Proven track record of leading a support services team
- Experience of events and venue management
- Excellent people management skills and role model for the team in championing customer service
- Experience of budget management and cost control
- Extensive experience in client liaison with ability to influence but also act with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively. Able to find pragmatic solutions and adapt to changing situations
- Qualification in first aid
- IOSH Managing Health & Safety as a minimum
- Managing Fire Safety