Maintenance Operative (Shift Operatives)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are seeking an experienced shift maintenance operative to oversee and be responsible for providing reactive and planned maintenance services across a number of trade disciplines across the estate.
Maxwell Stephens’ client are recruiting a number of Maintenance Operatives to their core day and shift team and particularly need experienced maintenance staff from a mechanical, electrical, plumbing and joinery background, preferably with some evidence of multi-skilling.
The shift pattern will be as follows:
4 days on (07.00am to 19.00pm) – 4 off – 4 nights on (19.00pm to 07.00am) – 4 off – repeating.
- Carry out a range of programmed, planned and reactive maintenance/repairs on building services, systems, infrastructure, plant and equipment, commensurate with trade discipline and competence, in line with relevant procedures and schedules.
- Work flexibly across trade disciplines as required, subject to appropriate training and in compliance with relevant safety constraints; support, advise and assist other team members.
- Investigate and diagnose faults using BMS, drawings, manuals etc.; respond to breakdowns, faults and service request calls; assist other tradesmen in completing diagnostic and remedial work.
- Carry out inspections and testing relating to planned maintenance, installations, modifications, refurbishments; carry out associated remedial works;
- Ensure work is completed in compliance with all applicable procedures, safe working practices and statutory requirements.
- Maintain records and complete documentation as required to meet internal and statutory procedures; complete work/time recording as required.
- Operate and interrogate computer based building maintenance and control systems (e.g. Famis, BMS) as required – subject to appropriate training/instruction.
- Carry out a range of associated but non-trade specific tasks as required by the Supervisor e.g. cleaning and tidying work areas, collecting parts/materials, assisting other trades, driving/delivering, attending/assisting fire drills etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- A recognised and relevant trade qualification with appropriate operational maintenance experience; (Level 2 City and Guilds as a minimum).
- Able to undertake fault finding using practical experience, diagnostic equipment, drawings, manuals and personal experience
- Experience, understanding and ability to monitor plant status, interpret alarms etc.
- Good knowledge of first line response to reactive calls and experience of working with help desk system
- Experience of providing frontline customer service with an ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly across disciplines and sites/buildings
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering excellent customer service
If of interest, please contact Robyn Powner on 0203 903 4265, or email firstname.lastname@example.org