Health & Safety Coordinator – FTCBack to Vacancies List
We are currently recruiting a Health & Safety Coordinator on behalf of our successful client, on a 12 month fixed term contract. Within this role you will co-ordinate, develop and administer the clients Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Management System. You will ensure legal compliance and maintain compliance with ISO14001.
- To develop, define and monitor programs to ensure achievement of targets and the protection and wellbeing of staff, visitors and contractors.
- This is a central role supporting all departments in training, procedural documentation, administration and auditing. External visits to suppliers and contractors may be required.
- This role is based at our client’s site in Enfield, supporting the OHSE compliancy needs of both this site and another site in West Sussex. Travel between sites and our offices in central London will be required.
- The successful candidate must be personable, friendly, professional and good at multitasking and working to strict deadlines. This role will provide support in order to ensure the smooth operational running of the UK business, and to ensure a quality service is provided to all departments.
- Helping to maintain compliance and enforcement with all legal requirements as well as ISO14001. Co-ordination of internal and external audits for OHSE.
- Maintaining and delivering OHSE training to staff where required.
- Preparation and maintenance of site summaries for use by Management, External Parties and Legal Authorities.
- Supporting accident investigation, submitting reports and statistics as required.
- Ensuring appropriate systems and best practices are employed for the control of waste, effluents, finished product, raw materials and consumables in accordance with international, corporate and local environmental licenses, permits, regulations and initiatives
Experience required for the role:
- Experience with the implementation and maintenance of a health and safety or environmental management system (preferably certified to ISO 14001, OHSAS18001) within a corporate organisation.
- Experience in dealing with local enforcement authorities (e.g. Environment Agency, Health and Safety Executive), consultants and contractors and representing the company at external events.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate – TechIOSH (or working towards) – Preferable
- IEMA Certificate – PIEMA (or working towards) – Preferable
- The drive to work pro-actively, both independently and as part of a team within OHSE and across business functions.
- The ability to effectively multi-task and prioritise workload.
- A desire to think beyond the current problem.
- Excellent PC skills. Proficient with MS Office particularly Word, Power Point and Excel.
Apply for this opportunity today by sending through your CV to email@example.com or speak with one of the team on 0207 118 4848.