Buildings Maintenance and Project ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a financial services institution is seeking a Buildings Maintenance and Project Manager to join them at the earliest possible convenience.
Your main function will be the manage the continual operation and ongoing maintenance of our client’s estates property portfolio when required proactively and re-actively.
You’ll be the lead project manager on all significant works including office and branch building works and fit outs. There is a travel element to this role. You will also be responsible for direct reports including the maintenance assistants.
- This is a senior role within our client’s business and therefore the responsibilities to which you will be expected to attend are varied and challenging.
- Leading the day-to-day delivery of site services and operations, you’ll be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of all estate properties and their safe and efficient operation.
- You’ll lead on engineering and maintenance relationships, managing those relationships on a day-to-day basis via the conducting of service reviews and ensuring compliance with site needs and demands and to our client’s environmental policies.
You’ll be tasked in the management of the following:
- Our client’s energy efficiency,
- Maintenance of heavy electrical and mechanical, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning equipment, including chiller systems,
- Financial and project management for maintenance and capital works programs to ensure delivery within time and budget, and
- Control and ordering of contract and suppliers.
Other critical responsibilities in the role include:
- Premises services maintenance with reference to contractor management, H&S management, Supply Chain, Engineer and Maintenance, and customer engagement.
- Delivery of industry best practices
- Deputy Fire Warden role fulfilment
- Ownership of our client’s H&S program and risk assessment maintenance and updates
- Risk Champion for your function.
You’ll consult with the Head of Estates & Facilities on the management of design, planning and execution of all major and minor building and building services improvement projects and be responsible for their satisfactory completion.
Your role will involve liaising with facilities contracts partners (including issue resolving and escalation), FM contract partners to develop and upkeep site process and procedures, and on CAFM operations ensuring work orders addressed within KPI timeframes.
You’ll oversee both the installation and management of equipment in conjunction with the in-house maintenance team and produce reports and management information covering maintenance operations and ongoing projects covering all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment.
- For all potential applications, our client requires 3 years’ previous experience in Hard Services Electrical/Mechanical FM, project management building works, office & branch fit-outs, H&S and 2 years’ experience of line management.
- Advanced level knowledge of facilities and related support operations, facilities and maintenance contract management procedures, engineering systems, procurement, delivery systems, electrical and mechanical issues in buildings services, health & safety regulations, and risk assessments are essential.
- Educationally essential attributes that the successful candidate will possess are qualifications in building services and facilities, an electrical/mechanical discipline, H&S, Facilities or BCP management, and maths & English (to GCSE/GCE level)
- Advanced level of knowledge of green credentials, energy management, server room maintenance, and maintenance management is desired as is an intermediate level of IT literacy and competence in the use of MS Office tools.
Our client has as one of its core HR objectives the provision of an open, transparent, and trust-based work environment with respect and equality at its core. You will be expected to conform to our client’s behavioural competency framework, a copy of which will be provided to you after telephone interview by one of Maxwell Stephen’s staff members.
To start your application, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.